betta fish

Old 08-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #1431 
Skyewillow

Pancake was being adorable.
Attached Images

Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #1432 
Chesh

Mitra - I'm sorry, I've never used Seachem Flourite. . .hopefully one of the others can help.

Willow - your Pancake is a SWEEEEETIE! ^.^ And your NEW new avatar is cute, lol. I posted some

Kindy tank shots up in my tank journal, there are froggies in a couple of them! ^.^
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #1433 
djembekah

Awww Pancake!

i added my blue apple snail to the tank with Frog. i think he misses the mess that is my 29 though. lots of delicious algae in there
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #1434 
djembekah

So Frog is doing great. In fact she's swimming around right now! but i'd really like to ween her off the hand feeding...what's the best way to go about this? a little ceramic dish in the tank with food in the same place every few days?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #1435 
Skyewillow

I'm getting ready to put a terra cotta dish into Cake's tank.

Also, Pancake will be getting a friend soon. She's been QT'd over at Aemaki's about as long as I've had Cake, there was one other frog, but I think it went AWOL, so since we both feel bad that our frogs are alone, she'll be coming up here as soon as the weather cools back off and realizes that this is fall, there isn't a need for 94 degree weather, kthnx...

I think my current plan is to have them in neighboring 2.5's I think, for the time being. I don't know yet. I do have a big 5 gal bucket that they might like to share lol.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #1436 
djembekah

Those are a good idea, and since I know they're tank safe, i could get a cheap one at work. Thanks :)

any tips? Agent13 recommended putting the dish in Frog'a favorite spot. I'm sure she will get the hang of it, just a little nervous.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #1437 
Skyewillow

just start hand feeding her near the dish to start, then slowly start putting the food into the dish
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #1438 
Mitra

I cannot find a terra cotta plate anywhere! I have two dwarf frogs in a 10 gallon with my male betta for about a month. My male betta has been so well behaved with them, but my frogs go for his caudal fin every chance they get (but usually miss). So my betta just avoids the frogs every time he sees them. Today one of my frogs (already missing a hand from the pet store) has a really red nose. I can't tell if its swolen, but its really red. I didn't notice it until now. Could this be a bacterial infection or something else? His behavior has been normal from what i can tell.
Mitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #1439 
BrrDee

Would 2 frogs in a 5 gal betta tank be too much? Right now I plan on just adding 1, but 2 would be fun if they wouldn't be too crowded.
Also, will this Chytrid fungus harm my betta? Your info link just mentions amphibians but I figured I'd ask.
BrrDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #1440 
TheCrabbyTabby

Can ADF's prey on MTS?

You see, I have an ADF, and he/she (not really sure of gender) seems to thrive without really eating the frog pellets I feed him/her.

I admittedly forget to feed the frog often and the thing still winds up thriving in my tank. The only thing I can think of is that he/she feeds on the small MTS that I have in there to aerate the sand substrate.

Does anyone else have experience in this matter?
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote