Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #241 
JennybugJennifer

I've for sure decided to just stick to one baby froggy and my two fish :) I am far too overwhelmed with what I have. Plus I can't be buying all the stuff for another decent QT
Posted via Mobile Device
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #242 
JennybugJennifer

Man froggers dinner time is painfully slow.
He ate though or well is now :) two days down.
But danggg
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #243 
Chesh

*giggle* Yes. . .it does take them some time to eat. One of the reasons why it can be difficult to keep them fed in a community tank. By the time they find their food - the other fish have already eaten it all! Just as long as he's eating. . . all is well!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #244 
JennybugJennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
*giggle* Yes. . .it does take them some time to eat. One of the reasons why it can be difficult to keep them fed in a community tank. By the time they find their food - the other fish have already eaten it all! Just as long as he's eating. . . all is well!
Yes he eats wonderfully. I really think in the couple days that I've been feeding him in the cup that he's gotten a little more plump :D I'll take a picture. But I thought I saw a difference this morning. And I'm soooooooo glad I just took everyone out because I honestly think he got little to nothing with my Betta in there. My Betta is a pig plus would scavenge the bottom all day long and I couldn't really hide the food, big mess!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #245 
Chesh

Hooray for Frogger! It sounds like everything is turning around, and your frog is doing great now that he's on his own with the proper food! Now just sit back and enjoy your new friend - but don't forget to continue with your water changes RELIGIOUSLY. A cycling tank is a dangerous thing to frogs and fishes. Once your initial nitrogen cycle is settled, I think you'll be just fine. Good work!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #246 
JennybugJennifer

What is the recommended water changes per week for his 2.5?
This is him this morning:

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #247 
Chesh

I have to repeat here that it's really difficult to advise you because your tank is cycling and you don't have any way of testing to see how quickly the water is getting soiled. Until the tanks have established bacterial colonies. . . you'll want to do daily changes of at least 50%, I'd think?

BUT I'm really NOT sure! I keep hoping that someone with more experience will show up to give you better direction on this. I've never cycled or maintained a tank of that size with a frog. You might want to ask on the betta forum. They often have smaller tanks, and frogs, and someone there may be able to point you in the right direction. I don't want to steer you wrong, and I'm new at this, too.

You really should make your next purchase a liquid test kit, though. I can't stress how important this is. . .
Old 05-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #248 
SnowySurface

When I had my 1 gallon set ups I did 2 50% and 1 100% a week. Since you have a 2.5 gallon, you should be good with 1 50% and 1 100% with gravel cleaning a week. :)
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #249 
JennybugJennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I have to repeat here that it's really difficult to advise you because your tank is cycling and you don't have any way of testing to see how quickly the water is getting soiled. Until the tanks have established bacterial colonies. . . you'll want to do daily changes of at least 50%, I'd think?

BUT I'm really NOT sure! I keep hoping that someone with more experience will show up to give you better direction on this. I've never cycled or maintained a tank of that size with a frog. You might want to ask on the betta forum. They often have smaller tanks, and frogs, and someone there may be able to point you in the right direction. I don't want to steer you wrong, and I'm new at this, too.

You really should make your next purchase a liquid test kit, though. I can't stress how important this is. . .
I understand, I already added it to my pet grocery list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #250 
JennybugJennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
When I had my 1 gallon set ups I did 2 50% and 1 100% a week. Since you have a 2.5 gallon, you should be good with 1 50% and 1 100% with gravel cleaning a week. :)
Ok thank you
Posted via Mobile Device