Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #321 
SpookyTooth

I LOVE both the tanks! Congratulations on the new one and I hope he does well in quarantine!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #322 
Chesh

Thanks, Spooks! I hope so, too! I'm so impatient to have them both together. . . 3 months in QT is TOOOOO LONG!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #323 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Chesh, first Princess Shimmerblue's tank, now your QT tank is gorgeous? Where do you find the time to make everything so pretty!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #324 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Chesh, first Princess Shimmerblue's tank, now your QT tank is gorgeous? Where do you find the time to make everything so pretty!
LYMPIE!!! You are always way too complimentary! Love ya, hon! You were SUPPOSED to be looking at the world's most adorable FROG, tho!!! Honestly, the QT tank changes from week to week. And it ISN'T that pretty! My 29g tank is my pride and joy - I work hard on that tank. If you like the look of that one, you'll like 'em all, because the same black back-round, black sand, and plants have been used in Speckle's 5g and the QT tank - they all look the same, lol! I can't afford to do every tank from scratch, so as the plants fill in the 29, I pull them and drop them in the QT tank to grow out, until I figure out what to do with them, then place them wherever (or give them away) from there. . . if there is a critter in the QT, I try to arrange things to make them feel happiest, but that's the only thought that goes into it. Shimsy's tank is the ONLY one that's any different, and that's because I made it for a 5 year old. The next project is gonna have a whole 'nother look. . . I'm excited to start that one. As for time. . . I dunno, I don't have any time, I do everything during my weekly water changes. The plants. . . they're what make things look nice, and the ones I have don't seem to need very much attention (at the moment, anyway). Thanks for such SWEEEEET sentiments, though! And I like your little fishy sig. . . CUTE! I swear your betta have the cutest names!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #325 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh deary, please private message me these new tank plans, I gotta hear this! :D
Also, my real life name is Olimpia, and my real life nick name is Limpi, so you are pretty on the spot with that one!

They frog is cute too, your camera makes them shine! Such a great look at the little guys! :D
Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #326 
Chesh

Haha! CUTE nickname ;) MUCH easier to spell that way. I'm a fool for nicknames, so was hoping not to offend, lol! Hmmm, what if I decide to keep the new tank TOP SECRET CLASSIFIED information until the grand reveal? ;) I'll PM you, maybe you can help me figure out exactly what I'm doing. I haven't *quite* gotten my plans down 100% just yet.

And yes. FROGS! *swoons* I'm so in love. . .
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #327 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Excited for this!

Also, I have no frogs. I do not belong here.
I also do not care, I'm here for photos. :D
Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #328 
Chesh

Well... you could always get one! You'll be glad you did, they're SOOOO sweet! I'll PM you tomorrow. I got lost. . . *hugs*
ETA: Ummmm, it IS tomorrow. That's how lost I am. I'll PM you LATER ;)
Old 06-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #329 
Chesh

Have you guys seen this yet:

Council bans dwarf aquatic frogs over salmonella fears

Old 06-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #330 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Youch. That's a hit a little too close to home for me. Birds carry salmonella as well as reptiles and amphibians. But you know, it's in the feces, and I'm sure rubbing yourself in dog feces would get you sick as well. It's all about how careful one is.

Of course, directed at those stupid frog toy things I'm glad that means they won't be sold anymore there. It doesn't take long to get out of Markham and go to a pet store nearby, sneaky sneak some into your home if you want them.

It's unusual, Ontario is the "own any non native animal you want" province.