Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #401 
Chesh

heehee, CUTE! He's such a little sweetie! I'm so glad you got him through the cycling process and feeding properly! I'm sure he's so much happier now - and that YOU are TOO! I toldja you'd feel so much less stressed out about him once that first hurdle was crossed and you guys were used to each-other, you've done well. HOORAY for FROGS - and their caretakers. Love that pretty little glass, lol!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #402 
JennybugJennifer

Hehe yay!! Thank you!! I also started using stress coat for water changes from API. It helps the cycle too.
He didn't eat tonight but i moved him last night so I'm thinking he's stressed and settling in. Plus getting used to new friends. He isn't losing weight though from what I can tell. Was thinking of adding a new boy to the 2.5 but I dunno :).
Also thought about using the 2.5 for QT for another frog to add with Frogger
Posted via Mobile Device
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #403 
Chesh

2.5 to QT is a good call, keeping 2 frogs in a 2.5. . . will be a bit tight, I think. As long as your tank is cycled, you shouldn't be adding anything to the water - or changing out 100% of it at a time. Things should remain stable. :) I'm sure he IS a bit stressed. . . moving to a new location is always difficult. Hope he's back to his chirpy happy self soon!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #404 
JennybugJennifer

I was only going to get one new froggy in the 2.5 for quarantine. So that would be two frogs, 5 shrimp, and one Betta in the 10g
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #405 
Chesh

It sounds good to me! I don't know much about stocking, but. . . *nods* Did you see what AQAdvisor.com has to say? Remember to keep the newbie in QT for three whole months, jic of Chytrid. . . SUCH a LONG time!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #406 
JennybugJennifer

Yes ma'am I kept the filter on in the tank to keep the cycle for a new frog. I was just saying that's the stockig after the three month quarantine period and no I didn't see that :/
Frogger lovesssss burying in the bottom and crawling now that he's on soft sand <3 I feel better about him eating too
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #407 
Chesh

Good thinking!!!! But remember also that the cycle wont' stay without something to 'feed' the bacteria - you need a creature! Soooo. . . when is little froggy #2 coming home, eh??! How 'bout. . . I dunno. . . TOMORROW!!?! ;)
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #408 
JennybugJennifer

Lawls nooo I need money first maybe I could borrow. Would it work to just put some food in there?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #409 
JennybugJennifer

Also I can pour sand on top now that it's empty right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #410 
Chesh

You can pour sand on top, yes - but be sure to turn off the filter first and let everything settle down before turning things back on again.

Food decomposition does cause ammonia to be in the water, but I don't know how much you would need to put in there to keep a decent colony of bacteria alive. I'm sure if you posted this as it's own thread, someone would be better able to help? Maybe you can put one of your betta or the shrimp in that tank until you're ready for your new friend. I hate to stress out the others by moving them in and out and in again - but it would really just suck to have to cycle over again :)

Whatever you decide, if you're careful, I'm sure it'll be just fine! Good luck!