Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #431 
Gizmothefreaky

You need to get the proper housing for that ADF first of all, and freeze dried foods will kill him/her. I think you Should really go back and read the very first post in this thread.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #432 
AdrianneB89

I have Endler Guppies in a 2 gallon tank with filter and air stone. they have pennywort and onion bulbs growing and they have 2 small plastic plants. There are 5 of them.
AdrianneB89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #433 
AdrianneB89

Getting proper as you say, houseing for him right now is out of the question I am a newly married student who works 3 jobs just to pay the bills. I will Do what I can to make him a healthy frog, but I am not going to be able to get anything bigger right now.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #434 
Chesh

I'm sorry! It's really hard to give you advice on keeping your frog healthy, when conditions are just not even close to what the species needs! I understand that you're trying to do your best on a limited budget, but in all honesty. . .he's not going to survive for long. Is there any way you can return him to the store until you will be able to get a new tank that is better set up for the needs of this type of creature? Even if the store won't give you credit at this point, it is better to save his life than to keep him, unhappily, in such a confined space for as long as he'll live.

Check Craigslist, they often have 10g tanks up for little to nothing - I often see them on Freecycle (in my area), too. . . you really DO need something bigger for the guppies, also. 5 gups in a 2 gallon is just unkind, to be frank.

I wish I had something more positive to say, I feel bad for you - but let this be a lesson learned. Research before you buy, and never trust the salesman at the pet shop. We've all made mistakes, it's what you learn from them that count.

Good luck, and let us know if there is anything else we can help you with - we're always happy to talk frogs (and fish)!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #435 
Gizmothefreaky

If you can get a used ten gallon tank off CL, then you can combine the guppies and adf in one tank and house them both properly in one fell swoop! :) then you would just need a heater, as your house is really too cold for both species to be happy, and a filter, and you are golden! I use a desk lamp to light the one tank I don't have a hood for, and it works great. Also, it was only $.50 at a garage sale! Lol

Oh and by the way... I am a single mother working one underpaid job and I can still afford the right things fort my animals... Not trying to be rude, just saying, ten bucks for a ten gallon tank from Walmart, not exactly breaking the bank here.

Last edited by Gizmothefreaky; 07-24-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #436 
craiger75

Hmmm, cool article. I really do want some of these asp. As I see it, the hardest part is feeding them. I'd have to know more about that before getting any.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:05 AM   #437 
Gizmothefreaky

Feeding isn't so hard if you have them alone, it gets more tricky when you put them with fish. :)
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #438 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I have the weird frogs that don't let my fish eat lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #439 
Gizmothefreaky

lol exactly, see? Trickier with fish. X3
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #440 
AdrianneB89

Thank you for the advice I appreciate it.

Per the 1 Gallon rule my guppies are just fine in their tank, but I am sure a bigger tank would be better. And I eventually want to get a big tank.

Of course $10 isn't much but when you are talking about properly setting up a tank with substrate, filter, plants, heater . . . ect. It is a lot more than just $10. When I have already spent $160 on things for my fish this month.... I dont have any more disposable income.