Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #521 
JennybugJennifer

I was reading back, I miss my froggy
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #522 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Aww.

In other news my girl frog (Atilla) is still obese. And Uhhhm, I swear... I put Cory pellets on the opposite side of the tank and she's down there in 3 minutes flat. O-O New solution is to spread pellets everywhere, because as fat as she is she can't be everywhere. Lil The Hun seems to avoid her... Hehehhe.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #523 
SpookyTooth

As time goes by I keep coming up with new tank ideas, I've been bitten by the planted tank bug and have had an idea to modify another tank by building a filter into it, I have it all planned out. I keep thinking how good it'd be for an ADF as I could cycle the thing before getting anything to put in it and the style of filter I'm going for is rather good for low flow/pond style tanks. Due to how I'd modify the tank it'd also be frog-proof.

Then I remember that I'd need another heater... and therefore another plug socket. My heart sinks as I'm running enough electricity right now without having another heater going.

I then come up with another plan to save some electricity by swapping out one light unit I'm using for my beetle tank with another, longer, more suitable light but realize that the light unit I want to trade out is being used with terrestrial plants and the other unit is catered for aquatic ones... I do not know if the light strip would work well enough for the plants in the beetle tank. I consider asking advice but at the end of the day I know right now I simply can't care for another tropical tank and I can't get singular or pairs of ADFs locally anyway.

I'm thinking of setting up this other tank anyway (more so I can experiment with the filter idea as much as anything else, should it not work the tank'd still be useable) and using it with a variety of shrimp I've raised in the past, one that doesn't need a heater except for its larvae stage, I can sit it in my heated propagator for that time... then I remember that I need to hook my heated propagator out for use with stick insect eggs that haven't been laid yet and remember my electricity usage.

I need to stop thinking for once I reckon I suddenly miss my divided tank and wish I had the room for our old 22gal so I could divide it in three with two built-in filters to act as the dividers.

Excuse my rambling.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #524 
Chesh

LOL! Lympi. . . females ARE supposed to be bigger than males, but poor Atilla sounds like a BEAST! Still no word back on aggression issues, I'll have to ask again. . .

Spooks! I know the feeling of too many plans and too few outlets, lol! It sounds like you've got some great ideas to try out in the future, though - I'll be looking forward to a build thread when you get that far - the filter idea sounds intriguing. You've got your hands full of so many cool creatures over there. . . frogs can wait. . . just a *little* while longer :)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #525 
SpookyTooth

Heh I know you're right I can most certainly wait for them (they'll be even more worth it once I finally get to hear those quirky little songs)... I think really my issues lie with my inability to work and move forward with life. I shan't get into a rant about it but I'm generally frustrated.

My animals give me focus and I adore taking care of them, I just feel I could provide so much more to them if I was well enough to work and live on my own (when that day finally comes... hello 20gallon long )... but patience is a virtue! All good things come in time and I'll do what I can in the meantime to ensure my current beasties are as happy as possible.

It also helps reading about all of your froggies!

I will also hopefully be doing a journal about the filter... lots of photos! I can't wait to see how things pan out.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #526 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

BIRDIE!

We got black aquarium silicone. I think it looks better than clear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #527 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
BIRDIE!

We got black aquarium silicone. I think it looks better than clear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wrong thread. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #528 
Chesh

hahaha! Lympie, I was wondering what you were on about birdies for, lol! Congrats on the silicone of your dreams, though. . .

Spooks, I can imagine your frustration, I sincerely hope that the day comes when you WILL be able to do all of the things you're wishing for. I can just picture the wonderful home you'll make for yourself - and all your happy creatures, someday. Love the new avi, btw. CUTE!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #529 
SpookyTooth

Thank you for the vote of faith... it does help. I can't wait for that day - I have so much planned already LOL! Ah well one can hope.

Oh yes! Echo is a silly bugger. Thanks x]
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #530 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yep. Black silicone. <3

Anyways.. Here's Atilla the tubs. -sigh- She decided to show off her belly.

.... -sigh-
ADFs don't do well in communities they said. They get out competed by everything they said.

I'm reeeeeaally hoping it's just eggs though.