Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #581 
LittleWatty

I can definitely ask the one employee that I trust with fish stuff. She's never lead me wrong, and her last job actually made her take weekly classes on all the fish they sold. I don't know her schedule, but she knows me now, and stops by to see if I need anything whenever I'm there. If anyone in my Petco knows about whether or not they treat to prevent the fungus, it'll be her.

I'm hoping the bloodworms will do him good. At the very least I could just put Tintrí over to the middle section while feeding the frogs, but without that filter baffled, I don't trust any of my fish in the middle. Its a Tetra Whisper PF10, and it came with the 15 gallon kit (which was a steal. 15 gallons, filter, heater, hood+light, food, and conditioner for $50)
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #582 
Chesh

Sorry, to be clear - these are not symptoms of Chytrid :) But always good to ask her if they take steps to prevent it in their frogs :)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #583 
LittleWatty

Yeah, I didn't read those to be symptoms XD So, I guess there was a miscommunication on both ends! Whether he develops it or not, I definitely want to check with them and see, because if these two frogs work out, I'll be getting two more for Dov (and I'll fix his side of the tank to work better with them when the time comes). If they do take steps to prevent the fungus, should I still quarantine any new frogs for the 3 month period it usually takes to run its course? Or would they be ok going right in?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #584 
Chesh

*I* would... you can't really be too sure, and it would suck to bring these two down with the newbies :/ I don't know about PetCo, but I've spoken to the head veterinarian at PetSmart, and they've taken great pains to ensure that the frogs they get in are clean. STILL. . . better safe than sorry, I think. 3 months is a killer QT period. . . I'm hoping mine breed and I can get my NEW frogs from in-house, so I know they'll be okay, lol!!!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #585 
LittleWatty

Lol yeah, that would be awesome XD I'll be quite alright if my fat frog is female, and the skinny one is male, and that's why they look so different lol Otherwise, I do have a Petsmart that's about a half hour drive away. If my Petco doesn't have clean frogs, I might try them first and see what they do about it. If there's are 100% clean before they come in, then I'll definitely get 2 from there after I've had these guys for a while (or, to replace one, if need be... I do hope not, though!)
Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #586 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Did you see my male/female frog photos?
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #587 
LittleWatty

Not yet. Haven't gotten all the way through this thread quite yet. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them, though
Old 08-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #588 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Healthy male/female ADF pair on page 51. (And some more shots of the monster girl showing off her tummy on page 53).
Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #589 
LittleWatty

Yeah, mine don't even look CLOSE to that XD my healthy one maybe looks like the male in terms of body shape
Old 08-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #590 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Mine have grown a ton since I got them, so don't worry too much about it yet.