Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #591 
LittleWatty

Well, I hope I give them the care they need to grow that big :D (and I really hope I do have one male, one female XD I'd have so much fun with frogs)
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #592 
LittleWatty

Skinny boy is eating! :D I saw him gobble up a few bloodworms this morning (while Tintri was cupped in the middle section). Both are still alive, and seem to be doing well for now. I really think putting them together made Skinny feel better (just a temporary name!). He didn't eat much when he was cupped, but I did see a bloodworm hanging out of his mouth at one time. Now he's chomping away at whatever I give them.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #593 
Chesh

YAY!!! I'm sure you're right, and that being with a buddy- and in that beautiful tank - has helped him to feel super comfortable with his new home! You're doing a great job with your new little froglets! Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #594 
LittleWatty

Hope so! Tintrí managed to get himself stuck under the fluval chi bushy thing when I released him, because there was a bloodworm in there the frogs hadn't eaten yet XD maybe he'll learn his lesson.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #595 
Chesh

lol! He won't. . .
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #596 
LittleWatty

I can't imagine XD but, hopefully he'll learn the cup means food (I've been feeding him in his cup since I got the frogs) so he won't get as stressed out by it. Seems the only solution until the frogs start getting enough of an attitude to keep Tintrí from their food!

Edit: He actually just went and got himself stuck again XD

Last edited by LittleWatty; 08-21-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #597 
LittleWatty

Another double post. When am I going to stop doing this? lol

Is it normal for a young ADF to look like he has the hiccups? >.> Whenever Skinny eats, he'll make a jab at wherever he thinks he sees food (sometimes he gets it, most of the time he misses), every second or so, he'll kind of jump backwards and up while opening his mouth, back legs spread wide. Nothing comes out, but really looks like he's got the hiccups! The other one doesn't do that, as far as I've seen.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #598 
Chesh

Yup! Perfectly normal - and very SILLY, I might add! I've seen both of mine do this, and though I'm not sure, I suspect it has something to do with the way they get the food down/digest, since they don't have any teeth. I could be wrong about that, but I do know that it's normal! Such a good froggy momma you are - it makes me happy to see the attention you pay to your little ones. Sounds like things are going well over there!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #599 
LittleWatty

Well enough, except that I have to keep punishing Tintri for eating their food! XD I had to switch him and Dov around last night because he gorged himself until he looked like he was going to pop. Again >.< I don't like having to do it, but until the frogs actually eat all their food, I'll have to.

I've also been mixing some pellets in with their bloodworms. If I feed them using the turkey baster (which they now recognize!) they'll eat them, but it looks like they spit it out in little itty bits. I dunno XD but, they still take the bloodworms, that's for sure.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #600 
Chesh

Yes... feeding in-community can be a very difficult task, and is why my frogs are now in a species-only tank. It's just too hard to make sure the slow-poke frogs get enough and the faster fish don't end up with bloat (that is, unless you're Olympia - her Atilla is the exception to the rule!)

If you can get them to take pellets, that's awesome! Mine won't. . . If yours continue to eat mostly bloodworm, you *may* want to look into getting some other types of wet-frozen froods (brine shrimp, mysis, etc) to mix things up a bit for them. It's usually best for them to be fed on a variety of foods. Mine love tiny bits of raw tilapia fillet, which is cheap and easy to find in the grocery store.