Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #661 
FuulieQ

Carefully. Make sure you have a back-up tank in case the two do not get along.

You might try putting the frog within sight but out of reach of the betta first to check for an aggressive response. When I introduced my frogs to my betta, I moved the fish into the frog tank rather than the reverse to avoid territorial behavior and watched VERY carefully, ready to remove him if he seriously went after anybody. After the first half hour I checked on them frequently and looked everyone over for bite marks or injuries each time.

It ended up not working out, not because of aggression, but because the betta was too nervous and scared of the frogs and wasn't doing well. So they now both happily have their own tanks.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #662 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I have Sakura (cherry) shrimp and they are the most peaceful things on the planet. Those ghosts can be a little touchy, though.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #663 
djembekah

picked up an ADF buddy yesterday. Feeding definitely seems tricky, so i'm going to go through this thread again.

he's with my pk male betta, Zeddie, in a five gallon tank. yes its small, and not recommended for everyone, but I'm keeping up with water changes, feeding, and watching the betta. Zeddie seemed curious about him at first, but doesn't really care anymore. I will watch, and relocate the frog if necessary.
besides, Chesh said it was okay ;)

so would getting a very small dish/bowl thing to put in the tank be a good idea for feeding Frogger? when i waved a bloodworm in front of him, he went for it, but i'm not sure he ate it all.

Also- (yeah i just read the first, very informative post) how many bloodworms? the pet store lady said "like one" but idk...will he eat more if i give him two or three?

Last edited by djembekah; 09-07-2012 at 06:19 PM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #664 
Gizmothefreaky

Lol! Yay!! And I have no idea, to be honest I don't count out worms... ^^; I have always just thawed out a bunch and used a turkey baster to feed everyone with. I do my rounds to all the tanks at the same time. What the frog doesn't eat, the betta most certainly will.

Good luck!!
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #665 
djembekah

thanks Gizmo! i am sort of in love with the little fella. Is the dish a good idea?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #666 
Gizmothefreaky

The dish is a good idea if you cup the betta at feeding time, because leaving the food out in the open for the betta to make a piggy of himself. XD
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #667 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

This photo makes me giggle. My "neighbor" Atilla:

For anyone who doesn't get it, my neighbor Totoro:

Similar? I think so.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #668 
Gizmothefreaky

Omg I love that movie! And that is an amazing picture! Lol!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #669 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I actually never got around to watching that one, but I probably will soon. I thought of it as soon as I saw her doing that though.
I think she is avatar worthy with this one! :)
She's gone from "ohhh my god Atilla what are you gonna wreak havoc on today?" to "Atilla you are the cutest most amusing thing in this tank!"

She still gets into wars with the farlowella during feeding time. When she sits on him he pokes her with his nose.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #670 
Chesh

D'aaaaaaaaaw! Beka!!! Congrats on your froggy!!! I'm in love with him, too - only I WISH I had a PICTURE of him *bats lashes*

LYMPIE!!! YOU just made me spit my TEA all over the computer. OMG! *shakes head* That poor little FATTY FROGGY!!! I love her, too. Atilla is DEFINITELY something different ;)

hahaha, *poke* Poor 'Tilly ;)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote