Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #681 
djembekah

So would it be better to put him into the net, or back into the super cold tank with Zeddie? I can do either one.

It looks like he's starting to shed too. argh ;-; i feel bad that i moved him! i was just so worried about him because of the temperature
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #682 
djembekah

going to get him into the net for now I guess. argh i am so frog-stupid. My poor guy.

i also need to get him some frozen shrimp.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #683 
Chesh

And it's okay :) We all learned somewhere, right?

A net is not the *best* choice for hm, either - But if it's a breeder's net, it's WAY better than a cup, for sure!

If he's in the community tank, you DON'T want to dump him BACK into the other (cold) tank and shock his system. CAN he stay in the community tank for a little while until you get your heater? Is there anyone in that tank that would be mean to him? Also, what temperature is the temp dipping down to in the smaller tank? If it's within his range, just slowly acclimate him back to the colder water.

The biggest thing is NOT to shock him with rapid temp changes and let him be FREEEEE! He just won't do well in a cup - but I know you were trying to do the best thing to keep him safe *hugs* It'll be okay. Whichever tank he's going into, get him into it and let him get used to things, keep it calm, lights off, etc - so he can de-stress.

He very well may be shedding due to damage taken with all of the handling. It could just be a normal shed, too tho. He'll need to wiggle and squirm and thrash around to get his skin off, and he'll probably eat it when he does, it's full of protein and other goodies, so he'll be set with a full belly - even if he refuses dinner tonight :)

Last edited by Chesh; 09-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #684 
djembekah

okay ;0;
i'm putting him into the breeder net in the community. I think he'll be alright in there until i get a heater (which is going to be next thursday- 10 gallon hood for my girls can wait). the temps in the 5 are dipping down to like, 64. :S and i feel bad for Zeddie too. poor thing. agh. so he'll be in the 29 in the net for a bit- that's okay?
Old 09-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #685 
Chesh

Yeah, I guess. . . he'll probably be pretty stressed out in there, but if there is no other option for him, it'll have to do . . . Is there a reason why you can't just release him into the community tank? I've kept an ADF in a 29g community tank before with no issues - as long as none of your fish are aggressive - which I assume they aren't being in a community tank! You'd just have to make sure to target feed him with a turkey baster or by hand. It becomes a pita after a while (for me it did, anyway), but for a week or so it shouldn't be a problem. Poor Zeddie! Maybe HE can go into the breeder if the frog goes into the tank?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #686 
Gizmothefreaky

That is a great idea Chesh! Yes, deffinately look into getting the frog in the big tank and the betta in the breeder net. Lol
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #687 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I think the point is that the she wants to keep the frog in heated water and not freezing.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #688 
Chesh

Oh, did I misunderstand?

The big tank is her 29g community, right? I *thought* THAT tank was heated, and the frog is currently in there in a breeder net inside of the heated 29g. . .? the BETTA tank is the one without heat (the frog and the betta were tankmates, I think) so the betta is still in there shivering (poor guy!) with temps at around 65F

Could be wrong! I get mixed up sometimes when we start playing musical fish (and frogs)

Either way, I hope everything comes out okay!

Last edited by Chesh; 09-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #689 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yup! Giz said to put him in the betta tank and the betta in the net, that's why.
Her community has some pretty big angel fish, I think that's her worry.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #690 
djembekah

yeah the frog is in the net. I could release him maybe later, and hop around? i just am paranoid about the angels- Gaebora's back in there now, and Kaepora is chasing him a bunch...
i think i should just leave them all alone for awhile lol ;-;

edit: i do not even know why i said hop around...

Last edited by djembekah; 09-11-2012 at 05:18 PM.