Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #731 
Gizmothefreaky

They are cute but just not my style. Lol
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #732 
katydidmischief

Moar photos! :-p This is Stormfly, who spent ten minutes last night swimming around as she hunted for bloodworms. (I try to tong-feed them, but neither would come out of hiding so I had to leave their worms in the bowl until both discovered them. Thankfully, Milton will not eat anything off the bottom.)
Attached Images

katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #733 
Chesh

Sorry I've been MIA! It's been insane around here this week. . . I got a few (bad) pics, but my computer won't let me take them off the memory card until I clear up some space, so one more thing to do, lol!

Stormfly is so cute!!! And Gizzy, I love your tank! It's really cool to see ADF in community doing so well! Your Gourami and Angel(s?) are STUNNING, and of course I'll always be a HUUUUGE fan of the humble Molly. Good luck getting the final angel to round out the group - can't wait to see how this tank develops, I know it's newly set up :)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #734 
wombatgirl

Hey - got a few questions for you.

I've got an ADF in with one of my Bettas. He's my first ADF - and I wanted to know if some of his behaviors are normal.

I'll be tong-feeding him bloodworms, and he will only eat the ones in the tongs. If I drop them, I can drop them DIRECTLY on his head, and he'll ignore it.. The ghost shrimp will carry them away later. But he'll eat the ones off my tongs just fine.

When he swims around, well, he's not graceful. He tends to run into things with his head. A lot. Like the wall. Or the gravel. Or anything else he's aiming at. I think he just swims until he bumps into the wall.

Are these typical behaviors? He seems like a happy little guy. He's happily swimming around, bonking into things, and isn't scared of the tongs at all. I've had to work to get him to eat, but he is now, and he looks healthy.
wombatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #735 
Chesh

lol, yeah. . . frogs are dumb, bless their little hearts. He's fine. :)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #736 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

He's just being a frog!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #737 
LittleWatty

I know your pain with the target feeding XD Both Tubby and Skinny (still haven't renamed them... they might stick) will just stare up at the surface, "watching" the bloodworms fall, but won't move a muscle. They'll just keep staring. Unless, of course, my turkey baster is in the water. They'll lunge at it over and over, even if there's no worms XD
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #738 
Gizmothefreaky

Yeah, lmao! ADFs are by no means the brightest crayon in the box... But damned if they aren't adorable. X3
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #739 
wombatgirl

Oh good. I was afraid Legolas was a little extra "special". Thanks everyone. I'll try to get a pic of him later.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #740 
wombatgirl

...and he just did something extra special this morning. I'd dropped him a few pellets this morning because I didn't have time to get the bloodworms out. He has occasionally found those.

This morning? He lost them to the *snail*. I walked back in the room after taking my shower, and there he was, fluttering around as Mr. Snail sat firmly on top of all the pellets I dropped.