Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #921 
Chesh

I really am not sure! Gizmo has been keeping frogs longer, so she may know about the gelled stuffs. I feed my frogs a variety of wet-frozen foods, but they're ALL frozen. HOWEVER, I DO feed my baby bits of things like Tilapia fillet - which is something that is "people food," so your parents might be okay with things along those lines, rather than. . . um. . . worms and such, lol! You might also want to ask them if they'd be okay with a hard-walled lunchbox in the freezer. . . it might be something that they'd be okay with, as long as the froggy food is kept in it's own box apart from the people food? I also don't know about UK brands, but I have a friend who might. I'll ask him if he can advise here, though I'm sure your awesome petshop will have an idea, too. MY frogs have NEVER touched the pelleted foods, though *shrugs*

I'm SOOOOO excited for you to get a froggy IF you get a froggy!!!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #922 
SpookyTooth

Thank you, Chesh! I'll ask my parents about it, they let me keep carnivorous plant seeds in the fridge and stick insect eggs in the airing cupboard so I'm sure we can come to some agreement

I'm trying to make a little feeding dish for whatever goes into the tank (if it's not a frog it'll be red cherry shrimp, got lots of shrimp pellets and they are messy!)... feeling a bit DIY-ish so I'm currently filing down the plastic lid to one of my egg containers (I have loads); they're made of a decent plastic that shouldn't leach anything... I'm probably going to get something different but this'll give me something to fiddle with this evening at least.

I've got a few ideas for the tank... just trying to get the 'oomph' to start on it.

Edit: I just realized I have my 'Linking Member' status -- yay!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #923 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
. . . they let me keep carnivorous plant seeds in the fridge and stick insect eggs in the airing cupboard so I'm sure we can come to some agreement
ROFL - you really do have the best and most patient parents EVER. . .

I can't wait! Whatever you come up with will be phenomenal... I just know it will from you!!!
*Hands Spooks some Oomph*
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #924 
LittleWatty

Tubby took a little tumble today :( Dov passed, so I was rearranging tanks. I took Tintri, the frogs, and Sonas out of the split gallon, and Leo and his otos out of the 10 gallon. Sonas got put back in one of the 6.6 bookshelf tanks while Tintri and the frogs get the 10 gallon all to themselves, and Leo gets the 15 gallon with his otos. Well... while I was taking everyone out of the 15 gallon. Tubby was the last one out, and decided to be feisty. He jumped right as I was going to put him in the cup for temporary keeping. The tank is on top of my fridge, about 5 feet tall, given another foot for the top of the tank... yeah. He fell a long ways onto kind of dirty linoleum floors. That was a couple of hours ago now, and he seems to be doing alright... I'm moving to a new apartment soon, so the tanks are only half full without the filter running, so I'll be keeping a close eye on everything for the next week until I move out. If anything happens, I'll know about it straight away! Considering I swear he's Attila's long lost brother I'm thinking Tubby will be fine with a couple days of rest.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #925 
Chesh

*worries* I hope he's okay! Poor little guy. . . glad things seem well so far - please keep us posted!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #926 
LittleWatty

Well... I think its safe to say that Tubby is going to be perfectly fine XD I got woken up at about 3am last night, and heard what I thought might have been a strange bird out my window. When it started fading in and out, I realized it wasn't coming from my window, it was coming from my tank. Tubby was singing all night! I would have been totally thrilled except for the fact that he didn't do a very good job of singing me back to sleep. Now that I'm awake, though, I am totally thrilled haha
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #927 
Chesh

Hahaha! That is so awesome! Glad he's okay! Nothing like a near-death experience to make us try to create new life ;)
Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #928 
LittleWatty

Yeah, I'm thinking he'll be fine haha Both of the frogs seem to be absolutely loving the bigger tank. A friend of mine has been at my place all day while I was at work, and said that one of them has been darting back and forth across the front of the tank. that would be Skinny... haha
Old 11-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #929 
Chesh

I bet! Who wouldn't love the space to stretch out? So happy all is well!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #930 
LittleWatty

Me too! :D Once I move and get the tanks resetup, I'll definitely post pictures :D Skinny is gaining a little bit of weight, but still doesn't appear to be mature. So, either Skinny is a really tiny female, or a not yet mature male.