Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #11 
BettaMiah

No, just 110 would be fine.

I understand that, but you should have done your research. You are responsible for them now and you need to provide them with proper care, okay?

Your Betta should not be inactive. If he was healthy, he'd like to swim all over the place. Bettas are quite active fish. How many gallons is he in?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #12 
LionCalie

I forgot to mention, what you are seeing on the Goldfish are ammonia burns. In other words there is so much toxic waste in the water from poor husbandry that the Goldfish is actually being chemically burned. It is not contagious, but your Betta will also suffer from ammonia burns if you do not keep up with water changes when necessary.

Remember, clean water = a happy fish!
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #13 
BettaMiah

Yep, Lion I already said that. :3
Old 10-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #14 
mjoy79

your betta is inactive because he's COLD
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #15 
Nouran

Betta is in a bowl around 0.5 gallon which is like 2 litres...it can take up to 2 and half small bottles of water.
I know ur going to say omg its too small. But thats not what the pet store man told me.
I know I should have researched but i was never interested in fish till I actually saw them and got them. I didnt know a tiny small fish would need all this fuss. Even cats wer easier to take care of.

Like I said my betta is eating fine now. Hes just inactive alone. And more active with the goldies. perhaps cuz the goldies r in bigger space so he gets to move around with them. Maybe! im only guessing.
Im starting to b more educated now. Ill get them bigger homes soon.

I am a very responsible person i take it seriously. I actually saved my goldfish cuz the pet store man told me that goldfish i got is only one + betta so they're only 2 fish and dont require oxygen pump unless if im going to add more fish.
I realised my goldfish skin is falling and its breathing in ubnormal way like its suffocating and keeps stiking its head outa water. So i quickly got the oxygen after a long research on goldfish...Bettta had no problem though it stuck around longer without any problems

So as u can c i did rescue my fish...its nice active and lovely now and loves to play with my fingers
Nouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #16 
BettaMiah

So he is inactive one moment and good now? No.

The petstore man is WRONG. He just wants to make a sale. Please, do not listen to him. Get your betta at least a 2.5 gallon, please.

When I was a kid I had Bettas in little .5 gallons and they were always sick and inactive.

Listen to us. We all succesfully keep Bettas. We know what we are talking about.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #17 
LionCalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouran View Post
Hahahaha please b patient with me its my first time oK?

No worries, it can all be a lot to process.

I only tried that once u know putting them 2gther to play! I wont do it again ok fine...I just felt like wen hes alone he doesnt move much and looks rather miserable. when hes with them he looks bit more active...
Anyways I will keep him alone in my room then

Thank you for taking my advice on keeping them separate. Trust me, it's for the best. They are really just not compatible together at all.

for the goldfish i think they're way more fun to watch than a betta hes so boring and inactive even though more beautiful and colourful.
And OMG more than 110 gallons??? Thats huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thats bigger than my whole house hahaha :P

I have three Goldfish myself, and I would have to agree that they are more active. I also agree, 110 gallons seems extreme. Honestly, just upgrading your Goldfish to a 10 gallon would be a HUGE improvement. Lets just focus on keeping up with your daily water changes though, so your Goldfish doesn't have to suffer with Ammonia burns.

I know i get the point that bettas like it 25 degrees C and goldfish like it cold...i Dont get it by "cold" I just put them in normal tap water and first treat it with dechloronator

Coldwater just means they do not require a heater and are comfortable at 20 C (68 F) - 22 C (72 F)
My responses are in the purple bold.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #18 
BettaMiah

I agree, 110 gallons is a lot. But you chose massive and very dirty fish. :/ That is EVENTUALLY when they are fully grown, they won't physically be able to fit in a bowl.

Looking at my Goldie, he wouldn't fit in my 1 gallon shrimp tank.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #19 
Nouran

THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH LionCalie

Yes i will get a bigger tank even tho 110 gallon seem like an aweful amount of water and lotssssssss of space required.

I got no problem changing water everyday

isnt 20c to 22c fine for a betta too? would he be ok at higher temperatures like 30 for example? cuz it can get very hot here in summer
Nouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #20 
LionCalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouran View Post
THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH LionCalie

Yes i will get a bigger tank even tho 110 gallon seem like an aweful amount of water and lotssssssss of space required.

I got no problem changing water everyday

isnt 20c to 22c fine for a betta too? would he be ok at higher temperatures like 30 for example? cuz it can get very hot here in summer
You are very welcome, Nouran, I'm happy to help!

That is wonderful that you will be getting a bigger tank. You do not need 110 gallons, like I said even just a 10 gallon would be a huge improvement. More preferable would be 20 - 30 gallon. Look into getting a filter as well, which you will definitely need.

Keep up with changing the water everyday on the Goldfish and you should stop seeing Ammonia burns.

Betta's can survive at 20 - 22 C but will not thrive. They are much more active and happier at tropical temperatures, which would be around 24 - 27 C. I keep my Betta's at 27 C (80 F).