Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #31 
PiscisAmor

i like the "green" idea!

btw pyro i luv your sense of humor
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #32 
pyro fiend

lol me too besides around here this is the only kinda plant they sell in stores that aint on a peice of wood
and there not as big as this1.. lol so i thought goin green in the tank would be nice because well it just looks more natural u dont see all the joints and whatnot. and you know you got a healthier happier fish who wont get hurt by the plastic

and thanks.. my humor is pretty unique i suppose.. im completly serious tho so its both humor and stating the truth ^.^
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #33 
PiscisAmor

I just went with another "kitchen sink" theme. I'm so cheap

Caeruleus on the left, Dido on the right

And some old pictures of my other tanks

"Kitchen Sink" sorority

Original "Bach Pad" Aliquis's tank

Aliquis's new and improved "Greco-Roman" tank. Notice how he's under his food hole. I trained him to eat when the tank light went on. Such a clever boy!

Last edited by PiscisAmor; 10-26-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 10-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #34 
PrettyLittleLiar

I got a question. What can I do to add a background to the outside of my betta's bowl? I've seen the static cling background at pet stores, but can anyone suggest alternatives? I've thought of window/glass markers, but the only problem is I'm not an artist (I am a perfectionist - so this may be a problem if I have to draw.)......
PrettyLittleLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #35 
Bombalurina

If you have a design you like, draw, trace or print it onto ordinary paper and laminate it. That will water proof it and you can stick it to the back with ordinary tape. You don't even have to laminate it if your tank doesn't drip or anything. Could be tricky fitting something onto a bowl if it isn't a drum-style, though...
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #36 
bastage

I Used some of the oily crap that sells for about 5 bucks in most pet stores to do it. Made for a extremely good job & I couldnt see using tape as it doesnt hold the image to the tank.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #37 
Dragonii

Not one of my betta tanks but this is one of my favorites from my collection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PooVz...yer_detailpage
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #38 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyLittleLiar View Post
I got a question. What can I do to add a background to the outside of my betta's bowl? I've seen the static cling background at pet stores, but can anyone suggest alternatives? I've thought of window/glass markers, but the only problem is I'm not an artist (I am a perfectionist - so this may be a problem if I have to draw.)......

Frost it white. I did it on one of my tanks and it came out pretty cool. It has a white frosty background that you don't normally see on tanks. I used a spray paint type product but you can also buy it in a contact paper form.
You can also get other cool contact paper stuff for window treatments that you could use.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #39 
Bombalurina

Much as I am wedded to the idea of natural tanks and want a whole bundle of different natural looks, I think this could be cool: dividing a custom made tank into seven and having the compartments themed as the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet, each with a matching betta. :) Have the gravel coloured but the background black or something so you could still see the betta.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #40 
PiscisAmor

I used scrapbooking paper on Al's bach-pad. works great! The tape doesn't show through the glass at all