Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #41 
pyro fiend

i like dragons idea of fristing it. i thought of doing that actualy with a 10g but i thought of goin with maybe black or a red or something that doesnt match the betta so it shows :P

as for the tape. my 35 thats got all bettas floating in it. its got no background for it so every week or so i draw something new and tape it on there with scotch tape i never have twater marks from filter splashes but even when i did i just let it be till it got too anoying for me like a big black splotch randomly somewere annoyed me. so take it down and draw up a new one that day... this week i got what looks like a sharks teeth around edges. but inside the teeth its an atlantis type thing. or sunken city. lol even hav a lil 1x1in square bulding that reads "post office" but i mirrored it so ite like "eciffo tsop" but bwell backwords letters too. XD it give me something to admire when the fish are hiding lol plus when someone sees the back ground there all like "OOO WHATS THAT" and if i see them in a week or two there like "oooh yay you drew a new background" and race to it.. lmao every time my siblings come over they race to the fish tanks first to see whats new background wise. then over to the snake cause sometimes i draw him one too :P it is more a a S&G thing for me. but everyone elese sure loves it thats y i never post pics in the bettas new home.. its new every week lmao
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:46 AM   #42 
Bellus Bellator

I'm a natural tank sort of girl but two themes I would do if I ever did is cemetery with a grass carpet and headstones with a gnarled branch in there and a full moon background.(maybe a creepy house and a small raven figurine too!)
The other one I like but have never seen really pulled off well is Atlantis.I've seen some o.k ones but there all Greek/roman styled,if you were to do it properly you'd want it to look really Minoan which is quite different.(Atlantis basically was a beautiful Minoan town that "sank" into the sea after the volcano that was the island had a super massive eruption)Minoans are very cool. Google palace of minos.
Bellus Bellator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #43 
Myates

I personally love Avatar, as well as Buffy and Firefly and Clone Wars.. those are fun themes. My boyfriend goes for "scenes" such as Hoth from Star Wars (white gravel to replicate snow, and other Hoth scenarios/toys)
But normally, we both usually just go for the natural look, but sometimes a mood will hit and I'll do something different.

Oh, and throwing in a "Where's Waldo" toy in somewhere in a couple tanks is always fun, regardless of the theme.. (Yeah I know.. I get bored easily =P )

Last edited by Myates; 10-31-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #44 
SnowySurface

I have a fantasy based tank. There are come plants to act as foliage and a bringe with two dragons guarding it. I used to have a castle in there too, but the hole wasn't as big as I thought so I took it out. I'm going to find a better castle eventually to complete my theme.

I've been thinking of a Japanese theme tank as well since I have a few sake cups I don't use and would look pretty in a tank. But I also want to try a naturally planted tank as well one day. One day I'm going to end up with one fantasy, one Japanese, and one naturally planted tank one day. Why is my imagination bigger than my wallet? XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #45 
PiscisAmor

I put stickers all over the outside of one of my tanks!
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #46 
RoyalBlueDarling

Speaking of graveyards and cemeteries, here is a cemetery themed tank on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/f72TdM1n4kE

RoyalBlueDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #47 
Mart2289

Possible themes:
- Desert Island.
- Avatar (Purple, blue glow in the wark plants...)
- Tye die / psychedelic theme.
- Monochrome theme (everything one color, maybe to match the fish)
Mart2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #48 
Brian10962001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Uhhh okaayyy...

Moving on....

I like the natural look, with driftwood rocks and lots of greens with a black background :)

This is the look I've really fallen in love with lately. Anubias, Java Fern, and plants that root down into the water. There's just something wonderful about these tanks that I can't put a name on. A lot of the nano tanks people are doing with the focus on the aquascape just blow me away!
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #49 
PiscisAmor

I'm working on a Coca-Cola theme, with tons of old Coke glasses and memorabilia that are aquarium safe!
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #50 
dew

I really like the look of a natural tank. I also spray painted the backs of both of my black. Real nice! It's pretty tricky to keep the paint from getting on the inside though.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote