Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #31 
purplemuffin

To be honest it is technically 'too late' to quarantine them(the fish has already been exposed) but it couldn't hurt. That way at least they are all already separate if anything does go bad!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #32 
MistersMom

oh...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #33 
betaguy

oh moms
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #34 
purplemuffin

It's okay, now you know in the future. :) Our family made the mistake of breaking QT before..and I had to pay for it! We got a boa who came with mites...Nathan's dad played with the new boa, and then with our ball python..then our geckos..Mites spread to all of our animals when it could have been localized to one!

Separate them now and just keep an eye out. Most likely nothing will happen, but you don't want to be one of the people who ends up getting something nasty from forgetting QT! Maybe do a good water change in the big tank too, just incase any yucky stuff is in the water. If they haven't been together long they are likely fine.

It's just a precaution! :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #35 
Leeniex

Who you keeping in your Kritter Keeper?
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #36 
MistersMom

Well Leeniex. i Honestly am Wanting to get a Male here soon after i get Another heater. because of Winter being so close and no heater, not a good idea, but i sure will use that kritter keeper, i posted a picture of Pedro in it in my Pedro Album, if u want to see that... i may pu my sucker fish in the keeper for now, sseing it is about a gallon and a half!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #37 
Leeniex

Oh I'm sorry! I thought it was bigger. Oh well, at least you'll get some use out of it. ;)
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #38 
MistersMom

NO! it's the perfect size for that little guy, i hooked up my air pump into it too. i put him an algea wafer in it and a fake grass plant and an ornament, i don't care if its temperary i HAVE to decorate it lol, i put the 2 snails an another algea wafer in my half gallon, with a little ''no fishing'' ornament. i'll have to keep them in their QT for how long though???
Old 10-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #39 
LittleBettaFish

You may as well take them out of quarantine as your bettas will have already been exposed to what your pleco/snails might have been carrying.

If it is a common pleco, they have a big bioload for their size (similar to a goldfish) and will eventually need at lease a 75-100 gallon.

Is your 10 gallon cycled? If you've suddenly added more stock, you might want to check on your ammonia levels as your biological filter could need some time to adjust.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #40 
MistersMom

IDK what "cycleing" is... if i get a bigger tank im not gonna buy a pool, i'll buy a 35 gal or something, 75-100 is like a pool!!! i don't have that kind of money seeing as im 15 and don't have a job... and he is ony like 2 1/2 inches the time being, if he grows bigger than i'll take hoim to a pet shop , if he gets to be out growing or near that point anyway.... i am going to keep then QT for a while because its best any way, if they have something i don't want Mister exposed to it for more than that small amount of time... so until then... im going to do a 50%water change or something... BUT thank you for the assistanc and help.