Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Haha oh I know! My poor Shiloh who has damage to one side of his face, and his fins plus missing scales on both of his sides, was very very skittish... I had to paparazzi him xDD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #22 
pyro fiend

welp i just played "big bad pyro" took me forever to get him to sit still.. so had to play 'evil landlord' and took out his plant lol still cldnt get him to sit too still but heres what i did get [that wasnt a red/white blurr]

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  42.7 KB

actualy thats not to bad of a one but the colors off. its more a a brown dotted pink and beige like little scabs or freckles... but it shows how well some of his colors coming back <3
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Okay, I think it is just some missing scales :) it happens. My girlie has that (she buries herself beneath stuff... UGH) and a couple of my rescue males. It'll take a while for the weird color to dull out or go away, just keep his water clean and warm and he'll heal up nicely :) and he is definitely getting such pretty colors!!! And he is a crowntail I believe?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #24 
pyro fiend

indeed he is. now the only question i want to know cant be answered :P

will he be a all red like a pretty carnation. or will he be a white and red... oooor will he get other colors too :D only time shall tell tho :P

and yup crown. well thats what the cup said and hes fins show. but he droops his tail like a vt alot so may be a comb? not sure he doesnt let his fins go all fanned up quite all the way. the 1st pics iv posted is the most iv seen his fins expanded.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #25 
Sena Hansler

Looks more like a CT than a combtail... Not sure though. If you could post on "betta pictures" asking what he is... You'll have a lot more replies :)
Old 10-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #26 
pyro fiend

i think ill wait a bit let him heal up get healthy then find out. he was labled crown. he kinda looks crown. but ill wait to see. he dont seem interested in opening his fins yet so i think ill deal with the mystery till hes happier and healthy. or just grows the guts to be all big bad betta-fish XD :) [suposed to b a joke sence hes skittish, wasnt so funny probly tho]
Old 10-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

Ohhh trust me xD if he is like Shiloh, he'll be a big bad betta fish LOL! little guy attacks his food now :)
Old 10-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #28 
pyro fiend

lol well atm im letting him socialize to se eif he is gona get along with fish. i have a 35tall tank i was cycling with 15cent goldies..which was GOING to be for other fish[didnt decide what one/s]. but they lived and theyv been in there cycling for about a month and a half.. lol n dead goldies.. the biggest one i frst put in was only 1/3 of an inch. now hes 2.5in or so and the othr was a hlf inch goldie i put in a few weeks ago hes bout an inch now. i have the kritter keeper floating with tapped fishing line to the trim so it dont sink. they dont seem to big him there tanks 80deg so debating on letting him in there in a few days and watch them carefully. hoping he dont think hes a barney bad a@# lol tho the goldies are calm and non there scared of there own shadows. so im hoping theyl make nice tank mates. i have double filtration in it already and muffled the filter with a bottle like in another thread so hoping i can put him in but never know =]

and i just watched the gold one [smaller] go up between glass and kritter keeper. betta seemed interested but the goldie ran off =[
Old 10-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

Lol. Yeah I have bettas who can NEVER be with any type of fish - and a girl who cannot be with snails or anything (MURDERER! >/) but then I have my mellow boys and girls who don't mind the fish that don't hurt them :)
Old 10-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #30 
pyro fiend

only thing is i hope he likes bubbles.. iv read so many ppl saying oh mine hates the airator.. lmao i have a 2ft curtan in bthe back lol my goldie LOVE it.. if he dont.. hes skrewed till other tanks are good and ready lol