Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #31 
MistersMom

I love that!!!!!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #32 
Banicks

To my knowledge, PETA doesn't have a chapter in Australia. Which is a good thing.

I personally do not like what they represent because it is just too extreme to obide by their wishes. In nature there is a food chain, and we sit on top of it.

I do not condone cruelty to animals. But PETA are extremists.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #33 
BettaMiah

Well put, Banicks. They are extreme. They want us to treat animals like huamans, they want them to have the same rights as we do. Voting and suing included. And that is bull. They aren't smart enough. But they do suffer, i'll give them that much.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #34 
Rjb5584

If someone scarred my child like that, cruelty to the animals would be the least of their concerns.

It wouldn't suprise me if the subject material for those gruesome films and photos was actually perpetrated by them--greater good for the majority of the animals and all...
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #35 
purplemuffin

My view isn't that animals are in need of 'rights'...animals need better care. More education, better enforcement of treating them right. There are owners out there who abuse their dogs. It's horrible. That doesn't mean those of us who give our dogs the attention, love, and care they need should have our rights taken away because of their actions.

But threats of violence, supporting known terrorists, and shoving horrifying photos in children's faces ISN'T helping animals. Considering how much money is given to them and the HSUS every day, you'd think they'd be able to donate more to maybe help pets. Just a little even. I see no-kill shelters shutting down around me because they just needed 100 dollars more to pay for their building, but couldn't make it. Those are the people who need our support, the ones doing the work.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #36 
Bombalurina

I just don't understand it. Would my betta girls in their lush, planted 16 gallon be happier in the wild, where daily food is not guaranteed, a drought may leave their homes empty and they could easily end up in the stomach of a bird?

How can they say my rats would be better off in the wild? In the wild they would live in a sewer or field, hunted, hated, scavenging, cold, unable to be treated if they get sick, knowing they have to provide for themselves and their colony. In my house, they have the run off a whole room, a huge cage filled with soft beds, cosy boxes and dark, clean tunnels changed *daily*, sometimes twice a day, their favourite healthy delicacies available all day, vet care for the slightest sniffle, the luxury of sleeping all day without worrying about predators or having to scavenge, and both ratty and human companionship? Try to tell me my fatty Hyde isn't happy when he boggles like crazy and starts licking every inch of my skin he can reach because that little spot on his fat rump that he can't reach himself is being scritched to perfection. If Richelieu hates captivity why does he come running to me whenever he sees me to beg for treats and cuddles? If they would rather be in the wild, why have they all returned to their cozy, comfortable cage within half an hour during free range time?

Just because some people don't keep their pets well doesn't mean we all do. My animals have the best I can afford, which is far more than they need to be happy. Some people not knowing how to keep animals means that the industry needs to be regulated, not prohibited.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #37 
Arez

Well Im really happy to see that even in the fish world, PeTA is known for who they really are. I'm honestly scared of how many (misleaded) supporters they have today.

I remember watching a documentary on the 'unknown' side of PeTA. They interviewed PeTA supporters. The funny thing is, they found a couple, harrassing a poor local shelter becaues they were a "kill shelter." Sad truth is that these exist today to try and ease the overpopulation of animals.. Hoping one day they wont have to exist... Anyway, the couple doesnt realize that PeTA euthanizes more animals than ANY other organization in the U.S.
Arez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #38 
LittleBettaFish

I hate PETA. One generation and out is their attitude towards domesticated animals. Never mind that most domesticated animals in Western society live better than children over in third world countries.

They are just a money-grabbing organization that hides behind a righteous facade. After all, what could be a more noble crusade than standing up for the rights of innocent animals? Unfortunately, most people don't see through to their real motives.

While I was all for the humane treatment of animals and wish there were harsher penalties for abuse and cruelty, I know that isn't what PETA was about at all.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #39 
bastage

PETA? You mean People Eating Tasty Animals.. I sure hope there not eating Betta's.. I bet they wouldn't taste good & it would take like a million to be filling.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #40 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastage View Post
PETA? You mean People Eating Tasty Animals.. I sure hope there not eating Betta's.. I bet they wouldn't taste good & it would take like a million to be filling.
who knows if they do? they sure are forthcoming about their shortcomings as it is. they still love to eat seakittens for all that save the seakitten spouting. i dont mind their betta rules much, 10gal is nice but not everyone can keep 5 10gal (or more) in their house. the rest is nonsense. im glad that spearfish highschool still has the same name.

Last edited by nel3; 10-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote