Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #41 
Pitluvs

My Pitbull loving self would love to tell PETA where to go. Even if they spewed gold from their mouths I wouldn't support them in any other fashion than to show them the door. *Boots*

No thanks.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #42 
HatsuneMiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micho View Post
10 gallons for one Betta? That's a bit, grand. . .
what's wrong with putting bettas males in their own 10g? at least they they didn't say putting a betta in less then 1g is good enough

i have 2 bettas .. each in their own 10g .. all by themselves
another 2 bettas each in their own 5g's

10g isn't really that grand at all .. with all the plants and decor taking up volume and swim space ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #43 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
what's wrong with putting bettas males in their own 10g? at least they they didn't say putting a betta in less then 1g is good enough

i have 2 bettas .. each in their own 10g .. all by themselves
another 2 bettas each in their own 5g's

10g isn't really that grand at all .. with all the plants and decor taking up volume and swim space ..
Personal preference is all :) I personally wouldn't put a lone betta in a 10g, but that doesn't mean others can't. I am sure Micho didn't mean 10g was abuse, just not the norm for Betta owners :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #44 
MistersMom

i think Micho ment, the fact that they said "at least" a ten gal, was a tad much, they NEED atleast a 2gal not atleast a ten gal... and Micho has hers in a 3 gal i think, and hers are more than likely loving their spaces...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #45 
Laki

Oh, if I had a fiver for every PeTA debate I obnoxiously (albeit awkward) stumbled into for the last 10 years.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #46 
sjones

Thumbs up

S Jones supports PETA!

check out www.iamscruelty.org
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #47 
Laki

Iams debate.. Okay. Not falling for it. Purina/Eukanuba/Mars. etc. . .Iams should not be fed just as much as most general store brands bc of the content. they MOSTLY all contain corn, animal by-products and the like. . You know, horror story stuff.

In my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if Peta was cutting those dogs in their own facility, the iams "debate" should be put to rest bc Iams is not the only guilty one.

Holistic and raw is the way to be.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #48 
sjones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Iams debate.. Okay. Not falling for it. Purina/Eukanuba/Mars. etc. . .Iams should not be fed just as much as most general store brands bc of the content. they MOSTLY all contain corn, animal by-products and the like. . You know, horror story stuff.

In my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if Peta was cutting those dogs in their own facility, the iams "debate" should be put to rest bc Iams is not the only guilty one.

Holistic and raw is the way to be.
If your pet food is AAFCO approved then it has been used in medical "trials" with cats and dogs. The rules for the feeding trial appear very loose. The food being tested must merely keep 6 out of 8 seemingly healthy dogs/cats alive for 6 months, these cats and dogs are kept in controlled lab environments (without human attention) and they are destroyed after the trail.

Most commerical pet foods do these trials, but not all, you can find a list of companies that don't on the iams cruelty website.

As far as not wishing to do the research and turning a blind eye, that is a choice you can make as well.

http://www.auntjeni.com/AAFCO_Feeding_Trials.pdf
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #49 
HatsuneMiku

O_o vegan dog food .. aren't dogs carnivores? ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #50 
Laki

I don't go on any of peta's sites bc they're not a well-informed, researched data base. I guess you were referring to my post as if I fed garbage food to my dog, while I might have at some point in his last few years he only ate Holistic foods. I know everything on the shelf is tested on animals in some way.
I forgot to mention that the video Peta STILL shows of those dogs and cats in the labs from the Iams site are almost 10 years old. I seen those videos when I followed peta mindlessly as a teenager and they "first" discovered the shocking footage undercover. Because they haven't updated the info via video evidence and real vets/ stats then I refuse to believe them.
That's entirely my opinion. I didn't want to get involved in this peta debate but the iams thing really threw me. :/ Sorry.