Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #51 
diablo13

Peta are hypocrites. As I always say, PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #52 
LittleBettas

DO NOT suport ANYTHING PETA does or says, PETA believes that humans should not have ANY domesticated pets, no dogs, cats, horses, frogs, fish, NOTHING
They think police dogs are wrong, service dogs are wrong, and ALL working animals are WRONG

PETA is one of the big supporters of BSL (breed selective legislation) which makes it illegal to own any pit bulls, APBT, boxers, mastiffs, chows, GSDs, dobermans, rotties, etc
If you own one of those dogs your dog is taken and euthanized

PETA also euthanizes 98% of their animals.... comapre that to the average for ALL high kill shelters at 60%... PETA only adopts one or two pets every year
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #53 
HelloThere123Betta

I don't like PeTA either, I'm only 16 years old but I'm smart enough not to get sucked into this crap. Lots of people at my age are all against "the man" when they don't really do their reasearch. Teenagers just like to rebel against society thats why were such an easy target for organizations like PeTA. It's really sad, but very true.
HelloThere123Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #54 
LittleBettas

Exactly HelloThere123Betta....
The only reason PETA is still around is because the gear to the individuals who need/want something to fight for.... but dont bother to research it (usually mid-school and high school)

I've been vegetarian for 11 years, went vegan 5 years ago and it SHOCK people that I do not support PETA... and it shock people that I am not "crazy" and rude.... as a "veggie", PETA has given me a bad image
Old 10-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #55 
HelloThere123Betta

Yes, one of my best friends is a vegetarian also. Sadly, I think she supports PeTA though...It kinda annoys me but it's not like I'm going to argue with my friends.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #56 
ForbiddenSecrets

Go you LittleBettas :D I eat meat personally but I have nothing against vegetarians. Only the loud people who like to yell that I'm evil lol.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #57 
HelloThere123Betta

Haha same here. I'm cool with your choices as long as you don't try and force me to follow your rules.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #58 
purplemuffin

I'm not vegetarian, but I try to follow a 90% vegetarian diet, only eating meat when I can be sure it's cruelty free. :) I can help support the GOOD farms as well as not support the bad.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #59 
ForbiddenSecrets

@purplemuffin

People eat too much meat anyways really. Some of it is healthy. Too much is just bad for you.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #60 
LittleBettas

Lol, I did it for health reasons (doctor rec. it) and I enjoy it, I feel better than I have in a LONG time, I dont really care what other people eat (my BF eats meat and I cook for him seperate meals) and my dogs eat meat (along with dog food, I make homemade dinners for them... I <3 my puppies, lol)

I did get into a nice fight with a guy... he insisted I was unhealthy since I ont eat meat, I told him wasnt he asked me how I knew, I told him I go to the doctors once a month, he asked me why if I was so healthy.... I told him the truth, when I was little I lost 90% of my hearing, I had tubes placed in my ear and it helped.... but they damaged my eardrums (scarring) so the smallest bit of water ends up with a HUGE ear infection, if I end up with another really bad one I could go perm. deaf... so, hospital once a month to check on my ears and over all health....

That shut him up, lol