Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #21 
Kytkattin

laughing, I suppose I should rephrase that:

In my 2 gallon experiment I have java fern, duckweed, anarchis, bamboo, and a moss ball.

In my 5 gallon split/cycled, expensively lit tank: christmas moss, moss balls, anubias, anarchis, and duckweed. This tank has been set up for a while and is doing okay (maybe... lol).

The 2 gallon is in a full sun window. Considering I got a deal on the anarchis because it was already melting at the pet store and they have actually improved since I put them in, I am hoping that I am doing something right.

These pictures were taken at sunset tonight.

(She isn't in this picture, you can stop looking)

Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #22 
Bombalurina

http://www.amazon.com/IMG-DRUM-BOWL-...359836&sr=8-24

4 gallons! :D
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 AM   #23 
Bombalurina

Sorry for the double post, I just found another one; this one actually has a review. http://www.amazon.com/DELUX-DRUM-BOW...359836&sr=8-27. I've yet to see 5 gallons, sadly, but I can imagine it would be quite large.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #24 
Kytkattin

I can only imagine how big the 4 gallon is! But 30 for a plastic tank? Ouch! For glass I could understand, but you would think plastic would be pretty easy to make...
Old 10-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #25 
caitic10

Where did you get your duckweed? Im starting up a planted tank and cant find any!
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #26 
Kytkattin

A local store special ordered it for me. It was only $2, but I had to wait a couple of weeks. Honestly, I would rather have went with frogbit, duckweed gets everywhere, especially on you when you stick your hand in the tank. However, I don't ever worry about my fish jumping. The duckweed makes them feel secure.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #27 
Kytkattin

I added a rock called tufa and crested java fern. I wasn't going to add any more plants, but I saw this and thought it was super cute and unique. It turned out to be 2 plants, woo! I think i might have too many plants at this point... If they all grow I will have to transfer some of the java fern into my other tank. They get huge, don't they? If they do, good. I want them to be so big I can't even find my betta unless she comes to the front!

The rock is awesome because it has a ton of tiny holes that my "parasites" can hide in. 2 hours until I test and update!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #28 
Kytkattin

Ammonia Test: .25 ppm

PH Test: Will only test weekly.

Nitrite: 0.00 ppm

Nitrate: 10.0ppm

Will change water in the morning. She looks active and healthy despite the ammonia.

Added 1 small crested java fern that split into 2 plants. I keep telling myself I won't add any more plants, but who am I kidding? It will probably happen. I am well aware that if they all live and do well they will outgrow the 2 gallons. I will just put them in my 5 gallon if that happens.

Things are certainly happening... Let's see where this goes.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #29 
Anitax3x

I'm excited to see how this goes :) right now I have a mossback in my unfiltered 2 gal critter keeper with my new white delta male. If this goes well for you I plan on trying my luck with this as well :)
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #30 
Anitax3x

Moss ball -___- stupid iPhone!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote