Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #1 
Kytkattin

Talking Green Bettas

Everyone seems to want PURPLE bettas, but what about green? Kamehameha seems to be turning green (wooo!), but it is impossible to photograph (at least it was a couple weeks ago the last I tried). He just comes out looking dark sapphire blue. Anyone have pictures of their green bettas? I want to see! I will try taking pictures of Kamehameha tomorrow in different lighting to see if I can show you him.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #2 
Banicks

I am after purple and green myself. Both solid lush colours but they must be extremely hard to breed into existance.

I've seen AQ bettas advertised as purple - which appear lavender, pink, blue or red to me and green - which appear are blue, light blue or white to yellow. Don't understand if perhaps it is the camera that can't catch it, or I'm colourblind or they're just not the colours yet!

Give it a decade and I reckon purple will be lush and green will be close behind!
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #3 
Rjb5584

Funny you should bring up these rare colors...

Today I was at my new go-to betta vendor, and walked out with 3 new boys. Why 3? Well, in the store, one of them appeared to be a solid colored dark plum-purple halfmoon. This place carries near- to show-quality bettas, so I didn't rule it out.

When I got home, it turns out he's actually a deep royal blue. Not really a hint of purple on him.

As a result, his name will be Prince, since Prince has the whole purple thing going on, and since he's actually royal blue.

I knew I was blue/green colorblind, but now it looks like purple might be amongst those as well.
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:02 AM   #4 
GreenTea

and purple

My giants! :)
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

My Blue and Red Dragon looks green when I use the flash. That's about as close as I'll get.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #6 
BellasMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
I am after purple and green myself. Both solid lush colours but they must be extremely hard to breed into existance.

I've seen AQ bettas advertised as purple - which appear lavender, pink, blue or red to me and green - which appear are blue, light blue or white to yellow. Don't understand if perhaps it is the camera that can't catch it, or I'm colourblind or they're just not the colours yet!

Give it a decade and I reckon purple will be lush and green will be close behind!
my Betta is purple but for the life of me i cant get a pic of her color. it ALWAYS comes out blue, flash or no flash. i know its not me thinking shes purple cuz everyone that has met her says shes indeed purple.
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #7 
blueridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasMomma View Post
my Betta is purple but for the life of me i cant get a pic of her color. it ALWAYS comes out blue, flash or no flash. i know its not me thinking shes purple cuz everyone that has met her says shes indeed purple.
I have the same problem with my dragon plakat Clint. He's purple too but it always seems to want to come out blue even though he is purple.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #8 
Kytkattin

Hmm... Now I am wondering if it is just the lights I a using. Sometimes he looks purple, sometimes he looks green. But he has been looking green more than purple lately.

Darn, it looks like it is going to be foggy today. When the sun is out I get great natural lighting on my tanks that I want to try taking pictures with!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #9 
BellasMomma

I think alot does has to do with the lighting because i originally bought her cuz i thought she was blue cuz thats my hubbys favorite color. but then when i brought her home and had her in good lighting i was like o shes purple... the blue tinted water probably made her seem blue too. but dont bettas change color a little bit??
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #10 
fleetfish

Kryptonite and Gertrude are my two current green bettas. I also had Clover, who sadly passed away a few days ago ... he was what I believe a true green.

Clover:

Kryptonite:

Gertrude:
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote