Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2011, 06:20 AM   #1 
BlueButterfly

Talking New Betta

So, I finally got around to getting myself a Betta. I had one a few years ago and sadly he passed away after 2 years.

This new one is very pretty (will post pics later). He's a purply-coloured veil tail. He's got reds, and blues in him too (probably more tricolour than anything else).

I decided to name him Kibou, which means hope. I've been through a lot of difficulties lately so I decided that would be a nice name for him.

He did have white spot but it seems to have cleared up with some treatment (stupid pet shop).

Yay for new Betta! Want to get him some tank-mates, just don't know what yet...
BlueButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueButterfly View Post
So, I finally got around to getting myself a Betta. I had one a few years ago and sadly he passed away after 2 years.

This new one is very pretty (will post pics later). He's a purply-coloured veil tail. He's got reds, and blues in him too (probably more tricolour than anything else).

I decided to name him Kibou, which means hope. I've been through a lot of difficulties lately so I decided that would be a nice name for him.

He did have white spot but it seems to have cleared up with some treatment (stupid pet shop).

Yay for new Betta! Want to get him some tank-mates, just don't know what yet...
Welcome to the forum! I look forward to pictures of your new guy! What size tank does he live in? That will help determine which type of tank-mates you can get for him. Anything 10gallons or up I have had good luck with corydoras...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #3 
BlueButterfly

He's in a 20L (so about 6 gallons). It's the biggest tank I could afford to keep in my bedroom. Thinking maybe 4 really small fish. Like tetra sized, but I've heard they aren't the best to always keep with betta.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #4 
Kytkattin

With 6 gallons you shouldn't get any other fish, there just isn't enough room since most are schooling and need to be kept in groups of 5+. Instead, some ghost shrimp would be lovely, if he doesn't make a snack out of them. Or, depending on how your tank is shaped, you could divide it for 2 bettas. If you decide to do that you should probably have a filter though. Pictures of your new friend would be great!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #5 
BlueButterfly

Yeah, he already has a heater and filter. Might look at adding some shrimp. He's pretty laid back. Like I can stick my finger in there and he just looks at it, and to transfer him between his smaller tank and the main one I just pick him up instead of using a net coz I don't want to tear his fins with the stupid net. Will post photos later tonight. Just got to put them up on my computer off my camera now.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #6 
BlueButterfly

Yeah these are of the same fish! Just in different lights... trippy I know. He's kinda blue/purple.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #7 
BlueButterfly

Got him a couple of friends today. The guy at the shop said they all should get on ok (he's very familiar with Betta fish, and breeds them etc.).

So, I got two peppered cories for him. They are all getting on swimmingly (hehe). He's not even bothered! Such a laid back little guy.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #8 
BellasMomma

he really is a beauty! glad hes happy in his new home!!!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote