Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #11 
betta89

give him candy or like 5-10 buck for the fish and see if that worrks
tell you parents dont ask them tell them if it dosent get the proper care it will die and your brother will alwase relly on others for taking kare of things he needs to lern responsability and put down the vidio games and take care of the fish i hope you luck
betta89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #12 
Thesharpestlives

Me too :) hes very docile..and he deserves a decent life, like any creature in this world...
Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #13 
betta lover1507

same thing here, TAKE HIM am being VERY serious right now soon since your brother dosen't care for him he will get highly aggressive and gain popeye, i have a HMPK boy named "oceanist" he was neglected from my little brother .... he was in complete darkness, barely ever fed, never had clean water. my dad had to pitch in here and there to help.
i took oceanist in, i cured his aggression, but not his eye, oceanist has popeye, it is to late to save his eye. he had it for months and am doing my best with out medication. i know he is going to lose his eye, but i rather that then his life. face your parents and say" i have to take the betta (what ever his name is ) because he will die with out care, your brother is not caring for him and he will get a diesease if i (you) don't do something because he (your brother) won't do anything", even if you tell your brother to start to care for him, ther is a high percentage that he will still neglect because younger kids have no responsibility. because even RIGHT NOW that boy is suffering and easily could catch not just Popeye any disease. face your parents or your brother. i just said (at first) to my mom/dad " it is ok can i hold on to (your) brother's betta for a little?" if they say yes take him into your room (or where ever you put your betta's at) and firstly feed him he must be hungry and clean the tank after he is done eating. if your brother give you problems say something like this " well, if you (your brother) consider it as YOUR fish how about caring for it, you do not see anything wrong now but VERY soon he WILL get sick and die, BECAUSE of your (your brother) neglecting ways" do not be nice what ever you do DON'T " HE WILL DIE, i (you) happen to take WAY better care of him then you (your brother), if he catch pop eye or any disease you on your own (your brother) because i tried and you don not seem to care at all for him and he suffers, would you like it someone didn't clean you poop? would you like starve and to be very weak? would you like to be very sick that there is nothing to help you? (place your brother as if he was the betta) because i (you) happen to CARE for him and HELP him live" sorry it is a bit long, hope you get the point. i take betta's very serious
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #14 
BellasMomma

why dont u just buy everything u can for the little guy set it all up, feed him everyday and do the water changes when needed and just let him stay with yer brother. if u cant get him at least u can give him a WAY better lifestyle. this way u both win. yer brother gets his fish and u have peace of mind knowing hes fed and cleaned.... if yer brother wont let u set up a different tank do it when hes gone, once he sees the nicely set up tank hes sure to like it...
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #15 
Thesharpestlives

actually..he wont let me :/ ive asked him..and if i sneak it..he will just change the tank back..i know it :/ for now..im just gonna watch the guy the best i can :(
Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #16 
Thesharpestlives

the WHOLE situation is frustrating...>:/
Old 10-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #17 
erinandares

He's stubborn, huh...? Maybe he just doesn't like the idea of being wrong about taking care of the fish? Like, when you bring it up to him he 1) doesn't like the idea of an "easy" pet taking more time than he originally thought, and 2) doesn't like the idea of someone else taking care of the little guy while he can't. I honestly don't see why he wouldn't let you buy the fish off him, though. He gets a few extra bucks and a responsibilty off his shoulders, which he obviously can't handle in the first place. Maybe a trade could be worked out? Or you can ask him to just doctor the fish back to health- making sure he knows it would be a temporary situation- so he can enjoy a more active, healthy fish? I agree that eleven is plenty old enough to be able to care for an animal, and if he can't accept help with it at that age, he probably can't have pets in the future because things will go similarly wrong. Sorry about how bad this sucks. ): I have two little sisters about that age. I don't live with them anymore, but that's exactly the thing they would do. I'm glad to hear my mom won't let them have any fish whenever they come over and look at my bettas and complain. :/
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #18 
Thesharpestlives

i asked him just early if i could buy it off him..and he said no..and went outside...:/ really? its MONEY he culd use to go buy games or something...i mean..i offered him 10 bucks! thats twice what the fish originally cost...:/
Old 10-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #19 
erinandares

That's ridiculous. My sisters, if they had that fish in such poor condition, would be like "Sure, Erin, if the fish means that much to you, take it." And then go spend the money on lip gloss and gum. >.> I don't understand your brother. I'm sorry for how frustrating that has to be. D:
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #20 
Thesharpestlives

im crying over it, how childish Lol x.x