Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

Steve Jobs was wierd but a lot of brilliant people are.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #32 
Neil D

[Like]

Im still mad at Apple for not letting Siri be available on iPhone 4... >:(

But I found this "replacement" app called Vlingo which is free...and it does basically the same thing...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #33 
purplemuffin

I enjoy my iphone. :] I've never really liked apple computers because they just don't have the ability to do what my boyfriend and I do (create video games)

They simply weren't designed for the power it takes to create and modify a powerhouse of a game like crysis, etc. etc.

They're good for a lot, they just aren't the standard in this profession

But I do enjoy my phone, and the world of apps that has developed through the iphone has really changed what smart phones are like. My mom used to have a blackberry years ago--a good one--and it was AWFUL... and boring. Now, after the iphone made such a big impact, my dad got a blackberry-and it's REALLY cool. It has a lot of the same apps and has gotten easier and more fun to use(as it has more competition!)

So I do appreciate what has changed from that aspect a lot :) I just like the 'monster truck' versions of computers
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #34 
Neil D

They are good for vid editing and stuff...but the notebooks probably aren't the most powerful for what you're talking about...but I am willing to bet that the Mac Pro...

http://www.apple.com/macpro/
Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #35 
purplemuffin

Besides the extra money needed for the same amount of power, the programs needed aren't really supported on macs. :] It's mostly the way the OS is made, it just isn't made to MAKE games, it can play a bunch of the top games(though I've heard rumors about the newer one causing a lot of issues with game designers, which is why a lot of games just aren't coming out on macs, they just don't 'work' with certain programs, I don't know much about it though. Nathan's teacher has been discussing it in their classes)

It's like taking a top of the line race car to do farm work--it's got power, but is it really cut out for that kind of work? Or taking the best truck out to the races. They are made for different things :D

On the same line of thought--like I said, macs are more expensive when compared to a pc of the same exact amount of power--because they do a lot of stuff that comes with the computer, stuff I simply don't need. Again, it's like tricking out a working truck with a bunch of fancy paint jobs, strobe lights, stuff to make it aero dynamic, and other really cool things, but it's just going to be used in the dirt and those will never be touched. So that all is pointless in the end.

If I were into that other stuff, video editing and all that, yeah, but it just isn't for me. And that's why there ARE different types of computers after all. :)

I do think they are rather fancy, and I like that they are mostly silver now, I was never too big on the solid white machines XD if I ever have a need for an extra computer, we might end up getting one for our lighter stuff. :D

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-24-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #36 
Neil D

Yup. They are fancy, but they are also high quality etc etc. And as long as you've used a Mac and a PC and compared them both...and chose the one that's the best for your needs...then that's great!

What really irks me is when someone (read some idiot) starts "hatin'" on Macs/PC's and haven't used the other. I've used both, and in fact have used PC's for WAAAY longer, but I just like Macs and Apple products in general...:)
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #37 
purplemuffin

I never like to do anything or say anything without researching it first.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #38 
Neil D

Same...I spent about 4 months researching Macs and such before I purchased my MacBook Pro...
Old 10-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #39 
Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Steve Jobs was wierd but a lot of brilliant people are.
quoted for truth. Just look at Howard Hughes. He was brilliant when it came to aircraft but was beoynd weird.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #40 
nochoramet

Well you know you can run Windows on a Mac and it often runs faster than on a Windows machine ;)
But I do agree, they are more expensive. I really don't like Windows/Microsoft anymore simply because I've had my MacBook for 2 years now (it's 4, refurbished when I bought it) and it has NEVER given me any problems, and when I had my old Dell laptop (a pretty "top of the line" Dell) it crashed on me about 5 different times and lost all of my junk.
I really don't like bragging on my computer though because I've had so many people tear me apart for owning a Mac :/ it's really annoying. Just because I love Mac PC's doesn't mean I'm going to tear someone up for liking Windows PC's.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote