Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 
ksage505

Yuck...glitter

I recently set up a new small aquarium for my betta. I used some black gravel that I had leftover from another aquarium. I can't remember if the gravel was ever in the aquarium or if it has never been rinsed. Regardless, I rinsed it very well before putting it in the aquarium. My fish has been in there for two days now and I just now noticed there was glitter on the plant... The black gravel has a shiny sheen to it and apparently glitter is coming off of it. I cleaned the aquarium and rinsed the gravel what felt like a million times with hot water. There's still glitter -_-" I'm almost positive it isn't harming the fish as he was in it for two days and is perfectly fine and very active. I don't know how I could of rinsed it any more thoroughly than I already did. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of it? I assume it will eventually clear off because my other aquarium with that gravel has no glitter. I don't remember it ever showing up in that aquarium.
ksage505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

I would think since it is aquarium gravel that its safe. also since yer other aquarium has had it in it for some time and nothing has happen i dont see anything being different with this one.
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote