Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #11 
Luimeril

that's kinda how it was for me, Indyfish. Purple had the same thing Caroline had, so i wasn't expecting a recovery, since i couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. but, Theo was so sudden. having trouble swimming, then hours later, gone. same with Zidane. he was acting ill, so i started treating him, then he stopped eating, and i knew he was gone. Chappy was a shock to me.

it took me a long time. i mourned Theo's death for days, because it was so sudden. but, then i made the choice to get a new boy, and finally broke down and bought a marble i'd been oogling from Chard56 for weeks. and, i'm expecting him any day now! i almost gave up bettas, but couldn't bring myself to. lol
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #12 
Silverfang

I recently lost 3 in the span of about 2 weeks. I was crushed, the first one was unexpected, then the second one was my favorite, after loosing her to a quick attack of columnarious I was ready to give up. The third I knew was a goner (Dropsy), but I am reminding myself I still have more (it's a sorority) and I can't give up on them. And these three were not just form the same person, but the same spawn. It's possible they were sick when I had gotten them.

So now I'm just treating the rest as best I can, trying to keep them happy and healthy. Because they are so much fun to just sit and watch flit about the tank.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #13 
Bettawolf19

I Lost OScar Oct. 17..he was my first ever betta fish. He got dropsy and stayed with me for 5 days before he passed..the next day I lost Ike one of the prettiest pk males I had..then I lost Spot the day after...then Calicifer. So a betta for 4 days straight. Things like this happen. It comes with owning them and trust me it hurts but its worth it. Nothing like walking into a room and being greeted by 9 bettas...
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #14 
Noemi

I set up a sorority two weeks ago. Two days later, I lost my new girl Strawberry to columnaris, just two days after i bought her. I then lost my paralyzed girl Amy a few days later to the same thing. My oldest girl Amethyst then got sick out of nowhere and held on for about a week, then she passed. I considered quitting, but then I thought about my other fish, and I realized as much as it hurts to lose them, they make me happy, so why give up on them? Accidents can happen
Noemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I lost 2 in one week. They were both getting up there in age, though. I was gone when one died and the other one died 2 days after I got home. I felt like if I had been home maybe it wouldn't have happened but then, you never know. I'm sorry about your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote