Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #21 
Bombalurina

That 12 gal is GORGEOUS, Heathbar! Much jealousy.

Pixiedust: Guppies are a real hit-and-miss option. Some bettas hate them really badly, because of the colours and the tails (we assume), others are ok with them. My female betta repeatedly attacked dull, female guppies, whereas my friends' male lived happily with some very fancy ones.

RRCivic: You may want to reconsider your stocking. Loaches are schooling creatures and really should be in groups of 5 or more. A single loach is a sad loach. Bear in mind a full school would overstock you, especially as mollies have a BIG bioload.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #22 
Tikibirds

where did you find that 12G long?? It looks nice
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #23 
heathbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
where did you find that 12G long?? It looks nice
Thank you. I ordered it online. I got mine from greenleafaquariums.com but marinedepot.com has the Mr. Aqua brand ones that are a little cheaper (if they actually have them in stock).
heathbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #24 
ManInBlack2010

i have my female in a 10g with 4 peppered cory catfish and i absolutely love the tank. She gets along great with the catfish and the corries are very peaceful and keep the tank superduper clean
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #25 
Dead Sunlight

Bettas prefer soft water, and I don't know if you're familiar with them, but I have found that glass catfish might prove to be a suitable tankmate. They prefer softer water and are a shoaling fish, given their name, glass cats are literally see-through, I have found that my males don't usually bother them because they are rather "drab" I'm assuming due to the lask of colors. Glass cats are on the moderate scale however, acclimating them might prove difficult, but due to their peaceful temperment, they have always been the best tankmates for my bettas. In your case however, I dont think your tank is large enough though. as i said, they shoal. if i were u, i would invest in a larger tank.... stray away from guppies, as previously said, they can be the best or worst tankmate, it depends on your bettas temperment. and mollies. they prove rather bossy and will harass the slow-moving betta. if u wanna stay on the safe side, i would go with platies. they do however, prefer harder water. be sure to pm me for questions
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #26 
Okami

Glass cats should be good tank mates for a betta. They are found in the same waters as bettas in the wild along with Danios, Rosbaras, and Khuli Loaches. The other species that can be found in the wild with bettas are Sharks and Gouramis which would not be good tank mates.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #27 
Bombalurina

Glass cats are delicate and get large, as well as needing schools of six. They should be in at least 30 gallon.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote