Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #1 
pyro fiend

naming your betta

im not sure if i should have put this in this catagory but seemed right...

anywho i was wondering. how do you personaly come up with your fish/bettas names?

personaly iv always named every animal iv had after its personality except my newest tetras. lol theres like 12 in a 40g quarantine/cycling tank.. sence they all look alike well itd be hard to name them all.. so i personaly whent with the names... bob,bob,bob,bob,bob,bob,bob,bob.bob.bob.bob,bob and fred.. whos fred? pft even i dont know ^.^ lol but how do you come up with your names?
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

My bettas all get named after greek deities, based on either colour or personality. My rats are all literary characters, based on their personalities. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #3 
pyro fiend

sofar iv only named two kinda based on color. my 2 goldies ones wall white with a lil orange on his spine others orange with white on his belly and tip of back fin. orange in yin and whites yang lol cuz they r oposites and they folow ea othr around non stop :P

my pleco was on personality. the day i got him he sat on a river rock on the sand and every time id eather point at him or get eye level hes frill all up showing his spines as if saying "what you want some?" sence common plecos have the spines i named him Vlad like the impaler lol cause he acted all tough n showed his spines lol both bettas i aint had long both unnamed =[ i was thinking of named red ct Genghis he was all shy at first and he likes company i put in yin [the smaller goldie] to see what hed do and he loved him. no fun nipping no chasing just harmony :O and Genghis had many[well a few at least :P] folowers ^.^ as for the vt.. no idea his color might still be changing i dont wana name him somehting based on his color and the way he acts. and then he go from black to green O.o how awesome would the name like B52 be for a green fish lolol! [as in B52 bomber]
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #4 
MistersMom

i named 1 after a frnds deceased betta, Pedro. i named Mister because on the car ride i home i said "listen up mister you better not die" and then my mom said to name him Mister. Sister, well it was a girl name that rhymed with Mister. Sir, well it was a formal male ame like "mister" and it started with an "s" like "Sister" so i named him sir. now i need a name for my new 1...its like a cow... lol...so far im leanen on Daisy because cows are commonly named Daisy lol

Last edited by MistersMom; 10-23-2011 at 11:38 PM.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #5 
lyle

I really enjoy giving non-human things (animals) incredibly regular human names. It's amusing. Just think about it... I have this fish called a Betta fish aka siamese fighting fish with a shiny blue body and fiercly red fins. This fish is extremely territorial and hostile toward other males. It will fight to the death. His name is.......lyle. So regular and unassuming haha. I'm not going to name my fish Cyclone or Electra or something like that. It's gotta be classy lol. Either that or my next fish will be named after some characters from my favourite movies/ cartoons.
lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #6 
MistersMom

lol..Scooby Doo ?? jk jk lol
Old 10-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #7 
pyro fiend

and betsy for a cow lol :P

oh almost forgot my other pets :O i iz a bad daddy :( lol houdini my ball python. when i first got him this bugger excaped like every hour.. there one min go tinkle.. BAM gone down the tank sitting 5ft off floor from rim to floor. and hed be up the tall tank down the stand and 30ft away.. lmao
Angel my mutt. she was a cuddly bug and my grandmas dog is named fiesty. so feisty and angel lol... then puppy.. he was a batch from my moms dogs pups.. he was the only male pure bred shih tzu.. no1 wanted him.. but as babbies to get the whole brood of like 12 to come to you you had to say cmere puppies.. hes like 1 yr old n a wopping 12lbs lol he comes by anythign you call him even butt breath -.- LOL but puppy just stuck :P

lol scooby nice 1 mister lol
Old 10-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #8 
MistersMom

lol thanks! and butt breathe? ewy, why don't u juat call it a mouth fart!! JK JK LOL... thats so gross....
lol...
my dogs answer to stupid or dumdum or anything u say in a doggy squeeky voice lol..
Old 10-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #9 
pyro fiend

angel shes my lover she comes when you say puppy cause shes uber jellous lol but puppy pft if hes laying by you you can look him in the eyes and say "hey you turd" and he starts waggin his tail.. angel only obays to girly angel and mutt/mutt-face lol sometimes she will listen when you cal her big/bubble butt [usaly only said when she hogs the bed/blankie] and none of them come by squeeky doggy voices just mention there name and VEERRROOOOOOOOOOOM here they come lol
Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #10 
MistersMom

LMAO!!!! ur pets sound redonkulous.. i love it!!!