Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #11 
pyro fiend

oh they are lol i wish i could think of a name for my bettas tho lmao =[ poor namless guy.. lol every animal iv had took a day to get a name.. them theyv been like 7 and 3 days and no name =[ lol evn the pleco had a name within a hr of being home [hr including geting his poor cold body acustomed to the new warm water] lol i thought that1 wld be harder then naming a betta =[
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

One of my rats, Richelieu (one of the boys in my avatar), comes to pretty much anything as long as you sound excited enough. He mainly answers to "Pesticle", though. He and D'Artagnan (the other avatar rat) earned that name because my dad was always calling them pests. He didn't like them much at first because they were super active and annoying, so Pesticles is a combination of "pests" and a slightly less flattering word.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #13 
pyro fiend

lmao my rats in my breeding colony [for food but i keep the main girls i like] she will come to anything. but she is part dog a swear lol shes a albino feeder. u can put a piece of food on her nose wiel shes on her hind legs and she will stay there u can say anything but put it there and she stays up.. and never comes down till u take it off.. then she gets all happy and hyper like "OOO OOO DID I DO GOOD DADDY? HUH? HUH? DID I DO GOOD?" i call her munchkin <33her twin will stare at food when out of her cage but if u put it by her she just looks down like "what m i suposed to do with that" and wont eat outside her cage unless you hold it up to her mouth. then she grabs it n runs under the fish tank stand on the emty shelv n munches on it lol i call her ommy like "om nom nom nom" but with a y XD oh and my hairless stud lol hes squirt.. when i first had him hed flimb up my dresser to the top were i always wld put my toothbrush n toothpaste.. n the butthead wld gnaw at the cap till it unclipped n then hed pounce on it.. -.-
Old 10-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #14 
Bombalurina

That would be my problem with keeping snakes - I adore snakes and think they are the most amazing animals, but as a rat lover I couldn't feed them rats.
I do plan to get a bearded dragon one day, though. :)
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #15 
pyro fiend

i only have one snake atm but i suply a few friends... in my basment i have ooh... *points in air counting* bout 40-50 girls that arnt preg but are eather in circulation or weaning lil ones. and like 6 males. i only have 1 snake and hes not even eating but rly small pups. so i pick out the runt or a smaller one at least. and feed. when my buddies come ovr to buy i sit down there they pick them out [have them labeled were sertin sizes are that can be food] because no1 wants jipped in the reptile biz from a "larg rat" and getting a rly skinny emaciated one. so i let them pick.. my girls they know are nfs. not all are but i go for the pretty ones or the ones who have HUGE personalities like "skittlez" she runs ALL around my house n if u say skittlez go she runs into her cage :P but i dont prekill most of mine i suply alot of people so i dont gota hurt them just look away and take a glemps in the box count and look at size. get payed... tho every now and then i will look in the box and be all like "one.. two..three.fou...awe.. im sorry man shes too cute.. get another" lol

also had 12 beardies awesome pets ^.^
Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #16 
lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
lol..Scooby Doo ?? jk jk lol
lol. I pretty much contradicted myself there didn't I haha. I should say for the most part, I will probably give my extraordinary pets extra ordinary names.
lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #17 
MistersMom

hahaha, i want a rat now...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #18 
pyro fiend

momma [misters] there great pets. lol not quite like a betta but still rly awesome pets lol only 1 downside to rat keeper imo. the smell.. males mark there terriotory and pee yew to many males SUCKS lol some females do it too but its not as strong.. but then again you get used to it. i can sit down in the basement and chill for hours and smell nothing some1 elese comes down and there like yuk man it stinks..." it does?! had no idea" i clean all the cages twice a week. most ppl do it once so i keep my my smell down lol but i can go to my buddies n smell it he cleans each one once a week in a rotational order. and he has 300 girls n like 30 boys lol thats the only downside i see. stink.. great great pets tho. but they do cost more money to keep goin then a betta cuz of bedding :P
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #19 
Bombalurina

I have 5 males in my cage and they don't smell at all. I floored the cages in lino so nothing holds the urine smell, (plus it is soooo easy to just pull out the lining, wipe it, stick it back in) and just change their hammocks every day. :) If you are looking to save money on bedding for the males, definitely try lino. I know the nursing and pregnant females need the bedding for making huge nests, but the guys will be happy with just a digging box and/or nest boxes.

I love my ratties. Cutest, cleanest, sweetest, funniest, most intelligent little pets you could ever wish for. :)
Old 10-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #20 
MistersMom

DAAWE :3 ...
i have a ferret, i think they stink worse than rats... lol
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote