Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #1 
LittleNibbles93

Moving

Finally got the word after a week of waiting that we can start moving into our apartment. And my fishies get the joy of staying with my grandmother for a few days until I get the tanks over there.

I have a cup for everyone except my chinese algae eater, who I think will get to stay in a kritter keeper until I have the 10g back up (he's small, so he should be alright.)

4 males, 7 females....11 cups. Wheeeeee.

I'll be keeping them at my grandmothers because its warm over there, any suggestions on how to move them? Do I just carry them through the woods (we're that close), or should I put them in a dark box and carry them over, then put them on a shelf? I wanna be sure this move is as easy and stressful-less as possible.

I'll still be able to give them water changes, so no worries on that bit. I just don't want to give them heart attacks from being moved so much over the next week.
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

The best stress free way to move a betta is to treat them like you're shipping them honestly. Secure insulated box, newspaper to stop them from moving and falling in the box, etc.. I know one big thing is you don't want huge temperature drops or rises, which is all too easy in a small cup. If you carry them in a box that is maybe well insulated they might stay within a safer temperature and not drop into dangerous cold too fast. Either way it will be stressful just from the moving and walking, so a dark box might help them feel more secure.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote