Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #1 
Shockadine

My new betta

I finally got my betta. How long did it take my tank to cycle? Something like 2 months? If not, it felt like it.

Well I was absolutely set on a crowntail from the very beginning, even before I bought my tank. I actually tried not to look at bettas until my tank was cycled so I wouldn't get jealous lol. After it did I looked just about everyday at every store I could find that sold them. None of them really stood out to me.

My friend was meeting me for lunch and there happened to be a petland in the same shopping center so I stopped in while I was waiting for her just for a quick look. I'm not a fan of petland and I didn't have very high expectations. I glanced through their bettas and they had one crowntail who in my opinion was less than attractive. I was waiting to feel that "you're the one" moment. So I turned to walk away when another one stopped me in my tracks. It wasn't a crowntail but it really grabbed me.

I knew I couldn't bring it to lunch so I talked to my friend about it while we ate and was really paranoid someone would buy it. I rushed over after lunch and got him. I think my friend thought I was cuckoo because I told her I knew this was the one lol.

This was a couple days ago, and so far everything is going great. I named him Shadow (actually one of my friends named him that) and he's been very active. I've never seen one so lively, but then again I've never seen one that wasn't in a small bowl without a heater. He utilizes all of his 10 gallons. I'm noticing the tank does look pretty bare though. I might try my hand in live plants.

I don't know what he is. Is he just a veiltail or something else? My pictures don't really do him justice. I don't know how some of you get such good photos.

Shockadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #2 
Indyfishy

Whoa, what an amazing find, I've never seen a betta with coloring like his!!! He would be called a bi-color veil tail. He's amazing, congrats on finding him, he's stunning!!!!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #3 
Cortez

Wow! What a find!!!! He's beautiful!!! Shadow is a very appropriate name!!!!
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #4 
BellasMomma

He IS amazing!!! i can see why u were worried he wouldnt be there after yer lunch! I felt the same way when i put my Betta in her 10 gallon. I was like WTH!!! shes crazy! she was swimming around non-stop. I too had only seen Bettas in very tiny bowls so it surprised me to see her act that way. I dont know either how people get these amazing shots, maybe a really nice camera?? Maybe if i could just get Violet to stop swimming for a sec i could get a great pic... but i dont see that happening!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 10-30-2011 at 11:46 PM.
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote