Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #1 
pyro fiend

what would you call this guy?

well had this guy a couple days and he seems to have stopped changing colors. what color type would he be? tri? btw the red is all from my phone reflection and flag in the background hes orange not red

btw befor anyone says anything about the container or crappy pics i was using a phone and he was in a small holding wank wiel i cleaned out his jug :P

anywho here he is ill giv many pics cuz its hard to see his dif colors and all paterns in all them..

Name:  1023111458-00.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  25.3 KB

is this finrot or did he bite his own tail a wiel back? also u can kinda see yang in the background [white and gold goldie]
Name:  1023111458-01.jpg
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  1023111459-00.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  1023111459-01.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  1023111459-02.jpg
Size:  28.1 KB

also quick question... he always kidna flares at the goldies both gold and white ones but when i put them in 2 jars beside ea other he was wavin his body like they do for breeding.. i thought he was agressiv... does this mean he just wants to try and mate my goldie? o.O lol
Attached Images

pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #2 
fleetfish

WOW he's pretty! I'd say he's a black/orange bicolour. Totally gorgeous!!! <3333 I have a similar VT boy only he has yellow fins instead of orange.

Usually bettas this colour have black edges on their fins. If you see any type of fluff, bloodiness, or raggedness around the ends of his fins he would have rot. Judging by the pics, it looks like he's healthy :)

He probably just thinks of the goldfish as a threat, it's natural behaviour. If he flares constantly you might want to think of moving him somewhere out of sight of the goldfish.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #3 
pyro fiend

r u sure on the flaring. cuz he only flared realy when i had them in the jars making him flare for pics..iv looked up on breeding and he was wiggling his body like a male would to show off to a female not just a normal flare :P and he if floating in the tank to regulate his heat in a kritter keeper so cant rly do much to make him not see them but he dont always flare. just when goldies are like making fishie faces at the sides as if there was food stuck to it but its not like a full flare just like 1/4 flare cause my goldies dont stay still.. lol [its not a cold water tank 80deg in the waters]

but thanks he is a beauty i hope he stays black and not go blu green :P

also is that a self nipped fin? or might that be from breeders removing him to late? o.O all his fins look a lil nipped to me...
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote