Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #1 
scrappymj

Please, help!!!

Please we need help with Daysi, she is not doing very well :( , since yesterday she is not eating and she stays in one place, 2 days ago, she was very active, everytime we were close to the tank she moved, also today I notice white color in her stomach.
Have a 5 gallon tank,Temperature 70, I use tap water with conditioner, I've cleaned the tank 4 days ago. I have a 1/2 tank and I put tap water with conditioner, , what do you think, can i move her there???
Thank you for your advice, she is part of our family and we want to take good care, we love her!!
pics

scrappymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Sorry your Betta isn't doing well...

Double check your temp...70F is a bit too cool....I would get this to at least 76F...but do this slowly....right now I would go ahead and make a 50% water only change and dose the dechlorinator for the full volume of the tank and see if this will perk her up...hold food for today...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #3 
scrappymj

thank you!!
I turn off the filter, and take water off, the tank is with half water and trying to keep it warm, I have the hitter on, hope because is half water will be warm.
So I don't change Daysi to a smaller ball??

MJ
Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #4 
Kytkattin

It sounds like your fish is just cold. You need to get a heater. Why did you turn the filter off? Is the current too strong? Turning the filter off will cause any good bacteria to die, making the filter dump toxic water the next time you turn it on.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #5 
scrappymj

Kytkattin I have the heater and is on her tank, I turn off the filter because the tank is with half water why i did the half water because I want the water warm I thought that the water will be warmer if is half. What do you think? I put the filter on???