Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #1 
Mantastic

Filter recommendations for small tank.

Hello there everyone. I've recently gotten back into the betta fish game after a long hiatus, and thanks to all the good information here, I now realize I've been going about it all wrong for...well...forever. :P

Currently I have two 1 gallon bowls (getting bigger ones isn't in the budget at the moment, but I will later) for two fish, and I'm looking to get a good filter for each. I've only been able to find one undergravel filter on Amazon for that size, and I'd like to know if this one is any good, or if anyone has any others they'd recommend. The bowl is spherical by the way.

http://www.amazon.com/Lees-Aquarium-...pr_product_top
Mantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #2 
Neil D

A filter isn't recommended for those small tanks....it will cause too much water current, and bettas don't really enjoy that...and good for you for joining and doing your homework. :)
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

Rather than get two fish, I'd just get one and spend the money you save on a larger bowl with a heater and filter, heater being the first priority. :) A 2 gallon drum bowl should be both cheap and attractive. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #4 
vilmarisv

With a 1 galon tank you shouldn't even be considering filters... just keep the water clean by changing it fully a couple times a week.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote