Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #41 
Sakura8

I took lessons for about two years, starting my junior year in high school. I can play show tunes pretty well but some of the heavier classical music escapes me. It wanders all over the place and I lose my concentration. I haven't played in a while because our piano is so old it sounds like the kind of piano you'd hear in an Old West saloon.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #42 
Bombalurina

I could never play piano - it's not the two hand thing that gets me, it's the reading both bass and treble clef at the same time. I play classical guitar and tenor recorder, so I don't normally read bass. I had to learn it recently for my first ever theory exam, though.

As for dancing, ballet is really technical. Sadly, it can also get quite exclusive. A lot of ballet schools have this attitude where, if you don't want to be a ballerina, you shouldn't be doing ballet. I did ballet because I love the grace of it and its amazing exercise, but because of that attitude I ended up moving schools and switching to jazz and tap. No pressure to go en pointe here, which is good because my point is terrible and I cramp up like crazy.

I can't sing, but I'm an ok actor. When it comes to drama, though, my passion is script-writing. :) I'm hoping to co-write a Dracula screenplay with my best friend over the summer holidays.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #43 
ArcticRain

Sakura8- My concentration is awful as well. I give up really easy and I get all confuzzled. I'm really good at picking things out though. My voice teacher says I have a really good ear for music.

Bombalurina- I am awful at reading music. I can fallow along but, when it comes to reading it... I can't even put the beats in. I could never take music theory. That's one reason I want to concentrate on acting and dancing.

I take private dance. I told my teacher head on that I was taking dance to have a well rounded education in the preforming arts. I never knew I would enjoy it as much as I do. My teacher says I have an beautiful point and that I could go a long way in dancing.

Not to brag or anything but, my voice teacher says I'm amazing. She wants me to be just like her and to go to England and be in operas and do everything like she did. I don't think I'm that good at all.

I love to write scripts too! I wrote a short play for one of acting classes and we got to perform it on stage!! Everyone was telling me how awesome it was and it was a joy to perform. I want to be a director. I love the creative process of it. How when there is a problem you have to find a way to fix it that still works with the play your doing. It's awesome being able to be and assistant director for little kids. It's really cute to watch.

The performing arts is a really competitive field to study in. The collage I want to go to only let's in 12 students a year. It's crazy.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #44 
Bombalurina

Good luck! I'm neither good enough nor motivated enough to have a performing arts career. It's one of those career paths were you work your backside off to make it big, and only a fraction of the people who try ever do. I don't think people who haven't tried it really understand how demanding it is.
Good luck with all your future stage exploits. :) If you are ever in Cats in the West End, send me a ticket!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #45 
diablo13

I'm decent with saying lines in plays. Apparently I have a lot of emotion, I don't use a monotone. I'm good a doing props in plays, too. Sorry if that had nothing to do with the conversation.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #46 
Sakura8

I can sing. Never really took formal lessons, just what I learned in choir. I blew my voice out in choir several years ago and it never really came back the same. My choir teacher thought we (a group of about 10 with maybe 2 decent singers and only 2 men) could sing highly complicated classical masses. Hahahar. We sucked. Anyway, lately I sing mostly in Japanese.

To all you performers, I admire and envy you and wish you the best of luck! Break a leg!

Diablo, yes, I can imagine you would have lots of emotion. Lots and lots of it.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #47 
diablo13

I've never been very good with plays, but this year I've gotten more confident. Suprisingly, apparently more people like me, now. I'm better at props, though. I suck at memorizing and even though I don't freeze up, I get nervous. Tends to make me do better. But give me a month and materials, I can make you an entire play alone.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #48 
Sakura8

Yes, I can picture you doing a one-man play where you play several characters and handle props. You're spastic, er, I mean energetic enough to pull it off.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #49 
diablo13

I'm super energetic. If you count energetic as sprinting 1/2 mike and jogging the other half and still have energy. But I sorta meant the props could be done. I could probably do what you said, though.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #50 
Sakura8

You should try writing a play. I bet it would be interesting.