Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #21 
poopoomeow

Smile

i bought a 5 gallon chi in january for my son's betta. it was the display & the last one at the pet so everything that was in it came for free: 2 ornaments, 2 bottom feeders, 5 neon tetras, 3 crawfish, and 1 molly. i removed the crawfish but left the rest..i figured since the pet store put them all in there, they should be ok.
anyways, they all seem happy and the water flow doesn't seem to bother him because of the ornament on top. also, the ornament in the tank is the lilly pad and the betta kinda hammocks on it
poopoomeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #22 
a123andpoof

poopoomeow the bio load cannot handle that many fish in the 5 gallon. You can maybe get away with a betta and a few shrimp or a snail, but nothing else. I would suggest taking the other fish out. Pet stores are notorious for overstocking tanks. So just because they do something doesn't mean you should.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #23 
JBosley

I have a 5 gallon Fluval Chi and LOVE it! The light is awesome, although it can get gunky and gross if you don't clean it. The filters are really good and inexpensive! You can't get the lids here in Canada, so I made one for REALLY cheap out of craft mesh. It works great!

Here is a picture of mine and my sisters. We each have one!
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #24 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoomeow View Post
i bought a 5 gallon chi in january for my son's betta. it was the display & the last one at the pet so everything that was in it came for free: 2 ornaments, 2 bottom feeders, 5 neon tetras, 3 crawfish, and 1 molly. i removed the crawfish but left the rest..i figured since the pet store put them all in there, they should be ok.
anyways, they all seem happy and the water flow doesn't seem to bother him because of the ornament on top. also, the ornament in the tank is the lilly pad and the betta kinda hammocks on it
+1 to a123. Petshops rarely do what is right for their fish, especially in display tanks. One of my local petshops has about 5 large black moores in what can't be more than a 20 gallon (for 5, you need 75 gallons minimum).

Here's the requirements for your fish:
- Neon tetras need ten gallons
- Mollies need groups of 3, 20 gallons minimum, 30 is better, and they do better in brackish water
- I don't know what your bottom feeders are, but I can guarantee that they aren't suitable for a Fluval Chi. You need to identify them ASAP to find out what they need.

That tank is really only suitable for the betta.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #25 
gastonfrenchbetta

I have my Betta in the fluval Chi and I could see how it could cause a problem for the more "relaxed" bettas, however my Betta loves it but he is hyperactive or something, I've never seen a Betta swim as much as my Gaston, even when I picked him out at the aquarium store he was in such a small bowl but would not stop swimming in circles. So I knew he would work perfect with my tank.
gastonfrenchbetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19l, 25l, betta, fluval, fluval chi