Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Quiet hang on filter...

Can anyone recommend some quite hang on filters? I got a 10 kit and the filter it came with is obnoxious. The tank is in my room and there is no way I'm going to be able to sleep with it running. I'm going to have to unplug it at night until I get another one. Thanks.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #2 
Micho

Tetra Whisper 10i is a quiet filter.

If it's just a Betta than I'll recommend that filter, if you have a community tank I recommend the AquaClear 20, double the filtration and it's quiet too.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #3 
bastage

I have a aqueon quiet flow 20 in my living room & I cant heat the motor at all, I can only hear the water trickling down. They have a smaller 10g size as well that is probably just as quiet

Edit: & If you dont want to hear the water trickling down you can also go internal. I have the larger Duetto in my divided tank & I have to be very close to hear anything at all since the entire pump is submerged.

Last edited by bastage; 11-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #4 
Gen2387

I have this one and the tank is in my room on the desk next to my bed and it doesn't even bother me at night and I'm a light sleeper.
http://www.kensfish.com/product160.html
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #5 
bastage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2387 View Post
I have this one and the tank is in my room on the desk next to my bed and it doesn't even bother me at night and I'm a light sleeper.
http://www.kensfish.com/product160.html

That one works kind of like the aqueon I recomended where the pump is in the water so I believe that will also be very quiet.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #6 
PitGurl

Thanks everyone for your suggestions . I'll check some of these out.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #7 
Kytkattin

I will also chime in with my suggestion for the Hagen Aquaclears. I have been using them on my tanks for over 5 years now. The only one that was "loud" was the giant 70 that I had on my 20 gallon tank. And that filter was just ridiculously oversized (It could have been a betta tank! lol). I currently have a 30 on my 5.5 gallon and I can't hear a thing. After baffling it with a sponge there is not even any noise from the water flowing into the tank.

In addition to being quiet they are one of the cheapest filters you can have long term. They basically let you pick your own media to put in. Because of this you can skip using carbon and just add extra ceramics or a sponge. Those have to be replaced very rarely.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote