Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #1 
mjoy79

Why I love my bettas and an apology...

So I currently own 13 betta... 8 boys and 5 girls. Each one is unique and interesting in their own way. They make me giggle every day. They never complain. I know they're happy when they wiggle and beg for food.
I miss Chandler a lot! I wish I could have him back and I wish the freak accident hadn't happened!
I've had a rough year, personally. I haven't had many people in my life that I can count on. I was dumped by the man that said he wanted to marry me and have children with me with barely a goodbye (he has since gotten engaged to someone else) and my luck with men since then is nothing to write home about. I'm in my early 30's so I'm not exactly getting any younger. I suffer from a number of physical and mental afflictions and I'm really trying to get on top of things in my life....
My fish don't know me. They are just happy to have a nice warm spacious home. I secretly hope they remember what it was like to live in those little cups so they can appreciate where they are at now - but I suspect their memory is shorter than that. Even my cat can be demanding and needy. I love her to death but sometimes she can bug me too! LOL
I just wanted to apologize to anyone I've been short with or gotten a little too frustrated with. I know, especially lately, I've taken my frustrations out on people that don't deserve it and I'm appreciative to have a place to go and talk about my fishies with and to get advice on how to make them happier.
I love this site and I hope to be here for a long time to come :)

Melody
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

I haven't been on for a few weeks, so I wouldn't have noticed you being short, but in regards to your bettas remembering the small cups they were in:

Think of it this way, when they were in those cups, that was all they ever knew. Like a dog born with only 3 legs, they think that is just how it is. When they were moved into bigger homes they probably didn't remember the past. They are just happy in the moment. If they can live their whole lives with you, happy for as many moments as possible, isn't that better than remembering suffering?
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #3 
mjoy79

Very true, Kytkattin. Good point. I just hope they're healthy and happy :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Well I think you're doing great with the bettas you have. Sometimes, people in our lives may become rude, or forgotten, or forget or lie to you, but in the end when you go home to your bettas, who you saved, you keep safe, warm and fed, you know you've done something right and that there is appreciation :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Melody, I'm sorry about all the struggles you've been going through. I haven't seen any posts by you that have been short or rude. I'm sure your bettas are healthy and happy and are loved very much.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote