Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #121 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
Ratchet's a very outspoken buttface.
I love your description of him. Oddly enough, it seems to fit him perfectly.

Bettawolf, I'm glad things are a little easier for Dumbledore. He's a cutie.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #122 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Alysa: Sully is a gorgeous color! I hope he doesn't take too much off. Maybe he wants to be a single tail?

Pata: Ratchet is very outspoken, isn't he?

Bettawolf: What, not even 24 hrs and Dumbledore started biting already?

Thank you :) he is pretty handsome :) haha maybe he does, i've never seen him in full flare before, but my guess is that it would be a big flare! lol he really has a small body for a betta in my opinion, he is one of those bettas where their just all fins, no body lol
In some light, parts of his tail is actually like a gold or copper color, its pretty neat :)
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #123 
Silverfang

Has anyone had a female tail biter?
I just did some rearranging and it was rather stressful on them. So I disappear for a couple minutes to get dried off and I find my red girl missing half her dorsal. It's spiked just like classic tail biting. I'll get a pic tomorrow, when she isn't so freaked out.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #124 
Sakura8

I think one other person had a case but I've never heard of one. But I wouldn't put it past a girl to bite her fins. These fish are crazy flexible.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #125 
Silverfang

I realize it could have been the other girls, but I just have this hunch it was self inflicted, she is a bit... spacey.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #126 
copperarabian

This guy was the fourth betta I had(from petco) and one of my friends really loved him so I let her have him. Unfortunately he was kept in a vase for a long time during the warmer months, then kept with a aggressive female in a 20g who tore him up some, then in a net breeder, then a good sized mini hex aquarium which her mother did not approve of so he had to be placed back into a vase. Hopefully being in a larger space will stop the biting :)

He's very active and eats really good, it will be awesome if his fins do come back :)

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #127 
Sakura8

Poor guy! He has this "What the heck have I been through???" expression on his face. He's so handsome too. Your Petco gets awesome bettas in. Mine, so-so.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #128 
nel3

i got a wonderful surprise from my HMDT and the other DT. the DT blew his bottom caudal and the HMDT blew his dorsal. take the back half of the dorsal split it into 3 horizontal layers. the top and bottom layer are gone. the bottom layer is still hanging on by the back half of the fin but wont stay like that for long.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #129 
Sakura8

Something crazy must possess your fish to just go nuts with their fins, nel. That's the only explanation I can think of. o.O
Old 11-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #130 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Something crazy must possess your fish to just go nuts with their fins, nel. That's the only explanation I can think of. o.O
Osiris is pretty well behaved not including this recent episode. im going to expect more blown tails on Nelliel for something i should've done a long time ago. ive decided of an IAL dosing and sticking to it. before it varied from each WC. now i have a guide line and he'll have to get used to the PH. i put it at 7.2 ph with 650 of IAL water. ive had it with it constantly changing. it wasnt a surprise but Osiris did surprise me.

Osiris's dorsal was zipping up from a split, now that segment is gone and so is the other. i dont have any item that can pucnture a fin like that. he's in a divided 5g with Nel. thats the only viable reason atm. i hope Blitzkrieg behaves himself, 3 fin issue fish is plenty for me.

i must thank my fish for their fin problems. im pretty much desensitized to the whole thing. i remember back in the day when Nelliel started blowing and Nel was biting. id nearly go bonkers with panic. now i just deal with it and only worry if their life is at stake from such injury/disease.

Last edited by nel3; 11-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote