Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2011, 02:12 AM   #1 
BellasMomma

Got another Betta tonight!!! Thats #2!!!

Meet my Crowntail!!!!

My hubby picked him out, he originally wanted to do a tank with some different kinds of fish but then I took him to the Bettas, just to look at them... and well, we came home with a Betta. This little guy did some flirting with my husband and the hubby was hooked isntantly!! YAY!!! the hubbys on board!!!

Im pretty sure the hubby wants to name him Baltar!!!
Attached Images

BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

Heres pictures of Baltar and Violet... Violet flares at him every chance she gets! She follows him and he just ignores her. I havent seen him flare at her once... My girl is a beeper!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #3 
BlackberryBetta

Beautiful! I especially love your girl! But is your divider see-through? If it is, it might be stressing them out constantly flaring at each other. You could get some black craft mesh for like 89cents a sheet I think to make a divider.
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #4 
BellasMomma

Love yer avatar!!! Very cute!!! u know the divider is pretty see through, i used the mesh 7 type that was recommended. I got it at the Hobby Lobby and they had like 30 different colors, and it came down to the dark blue or black that were the least see through and the blue was better than the black. I dont know what else i could have got to make it less see through... i am gonna buy more plants and but them all over the mesh. I was worried too that they would be stressed but now being in there together for less than 24 hrs. they both r ignoring eachother. and my girl FINALLY doesnt have stripes anymore!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #5 
Badjer

Girls will be girls! Both fish are very pretty. I'm liking the name Baltar for your husband's new male...very manly!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #6 
Leeniex

He's a very cool looking little dude! I've never seen one like that. :)
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #7 
BellasMomma

BAD - Thank u!!! haha so the hubby decided he needs a full name. so its Gaius Baltar Do u know what thats from?!?!
LEE - I had not either, BUT im new to the Betta world... Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #8 
Superbee

very awesome fish, love the stripes tail..
Superbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #9 
BlackberryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasMomma View Post
Love yer avatar!!! Very cute!!! u know the divider is pretty see through, i used the mesh 7 type that was recommended. I got it at the Hobby Lobby and they had like 30 different colors, and it came down to the dark blue or black that were the least see through and the blue was better than the black. I dont know what else i could have got to make it less see through... i am gonna buy more plants and but them all over the mesh. I was worried too that they would be stressed but now being in there together for less than 24 hrs. they both r ignoring eachother. and my girl FINALLY doesnt have stripes anymore!!!
Haha thanks! That Fred, he's my new VT from petsmart! Ya I think if you just cover it up with lots of plants (maybe even live ones, I'm not sure which type though, I'm not a plant expert!), you will be fine! I have a divided tank with a girl and a guy and they didn't stop flaring so I had to make a new divider. But if your guys are ignoring each other just get some tall plants or live plants and you should be fine! Good luck!
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #10 
bastage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasMomma View Post
BAD - Thank u!!! haha so the hubby decided he needs a full name. so its Gaius Baltar Do u know what thats from?!?!
Bwahahahaaaaa.. I Dig the name.. That's even harder to pick out for non geeks then my Stargate naming theme for all my boys is.. Most people if there going to get it get it at Teal'c (also have jack, Sam & now Ronon from Stargate Atlantis since I don't like the name Daniel for a fish)
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote