Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #1 
youlovegnats

Ctpk?

I was wondering if it were possible to make a CTPK? Anyone know?
I think that would be a really neat combo.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Yes it's possible, IMO CTPK are better looking than CTHM when they're older - they're easier to maintain. But I'm not a big fan of CT's so I don't find them attractive.

Selectively breed CT and PK. It may take a while to get them perfect but it's possible.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #3 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Yes it's possible, IMO CTPK are better looking than CTHM when they're older - they're easier to maintain. But I'm not a big fan of CT's so I don't find them attractive.

Selectively breed CT and PK. It may take a while to get them perfect but it's possible.
Thank you so much indjo! I personally like CT's so that's why I wanted to breed them. Of course it will take time, but I have money and resources to do so. :)
Thanks again!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #4 
trilobite

People are still in the process of crating them. Its a relativley new tailtype which still hasnt been perfected yet. The challenge is getting enough webbing reduction in the caudal. It would definately take many generations and years to achieve but it would be fun.
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #5 
PitGurl

If you can find a CTPK pair to start off with that would be your best bet. Or atleast one CTPK and then breed it to a CT. The breeder Mr.Betta on AB sometimes has some for sale but they go fairly quick. Here is a photo of one he had posted a few weeks ago....
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #6 
youlovegnats

Ohh! Very nice! I'm looking for more web reduction though. I know it will take a long time, but I'd really love to start from scratch and make my own line. :)
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post
People are still in the process of crating them. Its a relativley new tailtype which still hasnt been perfected yet. The challenge is getting enough webbing reduction in the caudal. It would definately take many generations and years to achieve but it would be fun.
They've been created. There were a lot of them 5-6 years ago (in my area). But somehow they're not that popular and people stopped creating them.

@youlovegnats: If you want to create them, start with a very good PK (if possible get a OHM PK with a large dorsal) and a so so CT. You only want the web reduction from the CT. But you want the fins to spread 180*.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #8 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
They've been created. There were a lot of them 5-6 years ago (in my area). But somehow they're not that popular and people stopped creating them.

@youlovegnats: If you want to create them, start with a very good PK (if possible get a OHM PK with a large dorsal) and a so so CT. You only want the web reduction from the CT. But you want the fins to spread 180*.
Right! I have a nice marble HMPK and a fairly nice royal blue CT girl. I'm not really caring for color at the moment, as that's easy to pass along later. :)
Thanks for the tips!!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #9 
JAB91

I would definitely buy a ctpk if you were able to get some, I love CT and pk are really nice too.
JAB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #10 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB91 View Post
I would definitely buy a ctpk if you were able to get some, I love CT and pk are really nice too.
Yeah, I like both as well. And I figured a PK with CT branching would look really cool. :)
As soon as I get started, I'll put up a spawn log so you guys can all keep up. :D
But it probably won't be until I get the fry I have now grown and all sold. :/