Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #21 
Bambi

I used a steak knife and the stove(to heat it up) when i had to cut Styrofoam for a project xD not recomended if your a clutz.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #22 
Sena Hansler

Hmm not a bad idea Bambi

And Miah, for me I am going to attach mossy plants so I do not care for the stark white :) as for anyone, sand can be used, cement stuff (don't ask how or which xD), and if you can find it... Aquarium paint.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #23 
emeraldsky

-raises hand-

Im a clutz, ill fully admit it lol
I think ill stick with a knife and a hair dryer

Im planning on using sand to cover mine, Id actually adore having a pure white tank, with pool filter sand and white fake plants and the Styrofoam but it would be hard to keep clean and i think the starkness would stress the girls out D:
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

Maybe it would lol. Grrr I feed my bettas live food frozen food freeze dried food pellets... The tank is stuffed with soft plants, has one blue light and one UV light... But they wont color up. Marge is the only one attempting to, getting slightly colored. >\ i dunno if I should wait until i get the 29 gallon to add the styrofoam?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #25 
emeraldsky

Hmmm that's odd, I remember seeing your other thread about, I've no clue why they wont color up. Are they showing stress stripes?

Well, you may want to wait, you have a 20g right now, right?
If you make something styrofoam will it fit in the 29? Like will it be too small? I can't imagine wanting to do this twice since I imagine it going to be a lot of work/ paint in the butt lol.

The change may make your girls more comfortable though, maybe it'll help them color up? o3o
Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Well I will wait for the 29 :) maybe more room will help? I mean EVERYTHING changed lol. Lighting, plants, more plants being shipped, no stress stripes, submission stripes though (that is new...), hiding spots, clean tank, no other fish... Gaaahhhhhhhh!!! XD so maybe a new tank, and that styrofoam back will help. More hiding spots, more territory, more exploring? I dunno. Lol :)
Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #27 
emeraldsky

How odd, maybe you should get more girls? Only 4 in a 20g could mean that the space is too much for them? 4 is pretty small for a sororities well?

I honestly don't know, I tried to google it, but all I could find was them being too cold, nitrite poisoning, or not enough light. I'm pretty sure those aren't the problem though.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Nope :) toasty at 78 degrees, clean tank that has been cycled for a while now (actual cycle not the fake cycle of a few days xD), no illnesses, UV lighting... Lots of plants. I was deciding on getting more girls, but I need to go to the city for healthy ones. And ones that are bigger... ones here are super small and I do not want them getting bullied - plus I do not want just purple/blue females.

So my plan, for the 29 gallon, is make the styrofoam background with hidey holes, get a bunch of live hardy plants, get some more females....
Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #29 
emeraldsky

Sounds good, hopefully the new atmosphere and a bigger group will help out ^^
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #30 
Sena Hansler

Yeah :) Well I noticed they have been re-establishing the pecking order. Maybe that is why they won't color up? a new change, lack of the previous alpha... But all well. Cannot wait for a bigger tank!