Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Another betta? Or No?
You should get another one, what the heck! 11 73.33%
You should move Mr. Bubbles to your room and forget the new one 1 6.67%
No! Mr. Bubbles should be #1 FOREVER! D:< 1 6.67%
I don't know..do what you think is right. 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 03:33 AM   #11 
Kytkattin

Was she though? Who would have told her? She has probably only ever seen bettas in vases and as decoration. I mean, where have you gone and seen bettas being treated properly? Most pet stores aren't exactly set up to show them off in nice, elaborate tanks. Most people I know who have them are the betta murderers we all would be (and some have been) without this site and research.
Unfortunately their proper care really isn't common knowledge. Just like most people don't know to feed premium quality dog food, or that tanks can be set up with a Ammonia-Nitrite-Nitrate cycle. Most people probably think that Nitrates are things found if hot-dogs, if they even know that! You can't fault someone for not knowing what most people don't know or ever care to know.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:43 AM   #12 
BellasMomma

+1 KYT she was just a kid, atleast her daddy knew better. I put a blanket around my betta tank at night cuz i dont go to sleep when its their bedtime and its a divided tank so that makes sure they cant see the others shadow so i know they get a good nights sleep.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:55 AM   #13 
Pitluvs

All 11 of my Bettas need lights out, or they get stressed and tail bite. Another classic "depends on the Bettas", and there's always the oddball. In general, fish need dark and light equally.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #14 
Myates

My guys get lights out between 7-7:30 pm since I'm not in main part of the house after that.. they get subdued lighting until late, then it goes black when I get the place locked up for bedtime.

I would move the one in the bathroom and put him in your room to be honest.. he would be much happier there seeing you, as they are actually quite social, and love human attention.
Closed Thread