Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #1 
valleyankee

Are White Betta's Rare?

Are white Betta's rare? I am just wondering what the rarest solid colors are. I know orange ones are a dime a dozen, but what are the rare colors?
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

It really depends on where you live. If you were to live right next door to a breeder, you might think that whatever they were breeding was common, even if most of us have never seen those types! Getting a true white is fairly difficult though.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #3 
audjree

they don't seem to be that rare. i see them every once in a while when i go into petsmart or walmart, although they aren't pure whites, usually light peach/yellow or cellophane, but i'm not sure what the numbers are. i saw a tiny white female just on saturday in petsmart. sadly, i didn't get her. but i also saw a white/light yellow colored male on sunday.
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #4 
valleyankee

I saw a white guy at Petsmart today, he had a hint of rainbow iridescent in his fins.

I am thinking of going back to get him, I never see a pure white one without marbling anywhere.
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I have never seen a white betta, and recently snatched up a butterfly one! Butterfly pattern here is rare, along with dalmation (almost snatched him up but I think he died... ;( stupid store!) pattern. White, Chocolate, Black, and Yellow here are terribly rare. I snatched my yellow boy up after I got Ghengis the butterfly VT :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

Not as rare as true green or true purple! :) But they aren't as common as reds, blues, or the mix of red/blue we see everywhere!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Ohhh that is right!! Green!! I've been hunting for a green girl... My friend saw one but didn't know I was looking for one. When I do I dibs her
Old 10-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #8 
atteb

Like mentioned to get a true solid white with no other colors is not easy. I just bought this guy this week, he is the most solid white I have seen in a very long time, he does have some faint blue in the tail as you see. Someone on here told me that as he matures and his tail grows out full as he is a halfmoon that should disappear. I sure hope so and will keep you all updated too.

White is my favorite of the betta colors, I mentioned in a post on here that I am going to a place that has hundreds of bettas forsale its a fish store the largest betta selection around and I will be coming home with at least two white bettas if not more.

In my avatar is a cellophane i have, these are not very common here either but way more common than the whites are, at least here.
Attached Images

atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by atteb View Post
Like mentioned to get a true solid white with no other colors is not easy. I just bought this guy this week, he is the most solid white I have seen in a very long time, he does have some faint blue in the tail as you see. Someone on here told me that as he matures and his tail grows out full as he is a halfmoon that should disappear. I sure hope so and will keep you all updated too.

White is my favorite of the betta colors, I mentioned in a post on here that I am going to a place that has hundreds of bettas forsale its a fish store the largest betta selection around and I will be coming home with at least two white bettas if not more.

In my avatar is a cellophane i have, these are not very common here either but way more common than the whites are, at least here.
Very pretty :) I find albinos (REAL albinos), white, green, yellow, black... To be stupidly rare here. CT and VT are sold here (well, in the city, this town has VT) and dare I find the colors I sought after I'll snatch 'em up :) must be where ever you live!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:56 AM   #10 
GreenTea

There are white bettas all over aquabid, especially in the hmpk section, but they're probably uncommon in pet stores.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote