Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

Stepping back

Yesterday I made the hard decision to sell off most of my imported bettas as well as my guppies.

I am going to be start looking for a full-time job soon, and I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to them that I have had for the past three months. So I thought it best that I sell off whoever I can and keep only a few of my best females and the remaining 'unsellables'.

Fortunately, a breeder and fellow hobbyist purchased most of them and I know that they will have a good home with her.

I've decided to work on getting my barracks system up and running and getting 90% of my tanks cycled so I can cut back on my current water usage. Eventually, I will be focusing solely on wild bettas and Australian natives. Although I think I will always have one or two splendens to keep me company.

Even though I know they will be receiving the best care in their new home, it's still hard to say goodbye to your babies
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #2 
Larkspur

oh no D: I know how you feel. I just had to give up my two pet rats because I was going away to school. I was crying the whole way there even though I knew that they would be going to the sweetest little girl who had already had pet rats before I just cried and cried. I feel your pain. </3
Larkspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #3 
laughing

Aw, I'm sorry you had to make such a hard decision. Feel proud that you made a GOOD decision and did what was best for your fishies! It's still hard, but you're doing a great thing by them.

I think a nice barrack system would do nice. I love my planted tanks! My 2.5s I only have to do a 50% one week, 100% at the end of the second. It really saves time... So smart on your part so you can keep your fishy friends and give them good, healthy lives!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote