Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #11 
cajunamy
Banned

Aquastar has nice fish - but you have to look for them.

The reason he is charging so much is b/c supposedly these are 'pearl' whites, a strain he created that is still very new. They are supposedly similar to pearl white Angelfish - personally I don't really see it.

They are beautiful though.

I'd spend up to $100 on a dream fish. But I don't really have a set picture in my mind of that fish.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #12 
Tikibirds

Probably not much since i would not order off aquabid, at least not until i leave alaska. Besides, my walmart actually has some AB quality (color wise) looking fish when they 1st get in shipments.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #13 
Leeniex

I would pay alot,, but not to ship it. If I could go to the store and just buy, I would go up as high as I had to.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #14 
Bombalurina

That $500 male was pretty, but that much for a fish that doesn't even have perfect conformation? Nu-uh. I got my dream fish in a petshop for $11.50 (discounted from $26.50). He's not perfect, but he's darn pretty.
I think I'd pay up to $50 for a perfect betta, $100 if I was going to produce amazing babies from him.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #15 
Nickpearson1985

I would pay $150 for a pair of black fire CTPK.... Looked literally EVERYWHERE and have not even seen a single male or female. Anyone have even one of these they wanna sell off? Or any black fire in general?
Nickpearson1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

It would depend on how much money I had. If I won the lottery then money would be no object.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #17 
Pitluvs

I would personally go up for $100 for a betta, with shipping. I payed $80 for my Carnage, who passed days after I got him. I would personally never buy from the same place again. But I am sure a local breeder may have something I like, or I can get in on a shipment from Thailand from her. But this is only if I was breeding. I'm quite content with my $6 pet store veiltails, or my $35 HM's from the breeder.

Aquastar... I wonder how many of those deformed fish he actually sells?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:28 AM   #18 
HatsuneMiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
Aquastar has nice fish - but you have to look for them.

The reason he is charging so much is b/c supposedly these are 'pearl' whites, a strain he created that is still very new. They are supposedly similar to pearl white Angelfish - personally I don't really see it.
O_o .. he created a new strain ? .. i don't know much about breeding .. as i've never done it .. what does that mean ?

@pitluvs
and i always see aquastar with nice pictures of paper white bettas .. how do i tell if his fish deformed? .. they look so pretty to me @_@ .. please tell me what i'm missing or not noticing .. that i should be noticing D=

@greentea
i haven't kept up much with aquabid sellers .. i just look at pictures .. why does that seller bug you ? .. is there certain things you look for in a breeder that i should be looking out for too ?
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #19 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
O_o .. he created a new strain ? .. i don't know much about breeding .. as i've never done it .. what does that mean ?

@pitluvs
and i always see aquastar with nice pictures of paper white bettas .. how do i tell if his fish deformed? .. they look so pretty to me @_@ .. please tell me what i'm missing or not noticing .. that i should be noticing D=

@greentea
i haven't kept up much with aquabid sellers .. i just look at pictures .. why does that seller bug you ? .. is there certain things you look for in a breeder that i should be looking out for too ?
I mean the white whatever angel Bettas he sells... it's a deformity of the scales. Personally it looks like someone stuck a beehive to the side of a Betta. Others may not say deformed, but I see nothing interesting about his new "strain" other than knowing who would pay for freaking much for that kinda Betta?

As for his other normal fish, I hear great things about Aquastars fish :) Just not these white ones lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #20 
Tikibirds

Oooh, I know what you are talking about. He somehow made their scales similar to how angelfish look. Their scales look kinda...funky. I don't like them.

If I could find my dream fish locally and NOT have to worry about it shipping here and becomming a betta popcicle, I would maybe go to 35. If I could find a large male to breed with my large female, I may go up to 50, but again, only if it was local and since the only place that currently has bettas is walmart..i don't see that happening. Petco hasn't had bettas in like a month :( I suppose it's better for the fish, not so good for me. I know they carry KING males but they are so drab looking.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote