Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #1 
atteb

White Obsession

Is it strange to have an obsession with one color of betta?

I just love the white bettas, any tail type is fine with me, they are not easy to get here and I lucked out on this one. I am off on a road trip with my husband in a few weeks and we are stopping at a very large store that usually has hundreds of bettas. They are the largest betta supplier in the area and yes I am going to snap up every white bettas I see, they do have and get a few not as many as the blues, reds, multies etc. But I will come home with at least 2 white ones.

Am I crazy?......

Anyone else have an obsession with one color of betta??
Attached Images

atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

No. As you can see in my signature, my fish all have to be different. I am not happy if they look too similar. So I guess that is my own different sort of obsession. Except I am maxed out at 3!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #3 
Silverfang

I love mustard gas colouring, unfortunately not able to find many, which is good! no room for more males!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #4 
atteb

Yes mustard gas are beautiful. I have a VT male that is mustard gas they are not easy to find here either.
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #5 
purplemuffin

I can totally understand! I happen to really enjoy leucistic of a lot of things! It's different, striking, eye catching. Leucistic/albino ball pythons, axolotls, bettas, lizards, etc. are all very cool

But I do like to have variety of colors! I am always fond of the salamander betta, but I might not get another one(I already have my Di-guy!) unless I was already breeding and had decided to get a female.

I do sort of have an obsession with just plakat bettas. Especially HMPKs, but now that someone has introduced me to CTPKs...I gotta get me some of those!! :)

Also: I always always love crowntail cambodian girls. Always. No exceptions. Other girls are cute too, but I always love these XD

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-27-2011 at 06:38 PM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #6 
Banicks

If I end up getting a female I want her to be mustard gas. Luckily my PFS has a direct importer from Thailand so when he gets new stock its pretty much like AB in the flesh!

Haven't seen a white - are they considered albino?
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #7 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
If I end up getting a female I want her to be mustard gas. Luckily my PFS has a direct importer from Thailand so when he gets new stock its pretty much like AB in the flesh!

Haven't seen a white - are they considered albino?
Nope. There is the white in the post above, then there is opaque, cellophane and albino. (pics listed in order of what I listed)
Albinos are like what you would think of when thinking of albino- no coloration, red eyes =)

I personally love koi coloring, marble and pure orange =)
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #8 
Nickpearson1985

I'm a Mustard Gas and Black Fire guy... I like others but If I see a MG or BF I MUST have it.
Nickpearson1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #9 
Badjer

I'm rather new to Bettas so I don't really have a color preference as of now. Those whites sure are pretty though...there's always something elegant and ghostly about a white fish. I have a white goldfish in my pond, and wouldn't be shocked if someday I ended up with a white Betta as well
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #10 
Gen2387

I'm obsessed with black bettas and crowntails. So if I ever come across a black crowntail, I don't care WHAT I have to do, I'm getting him. I haven't come across one yet in my area. Lol! aybe it's a good thing because i'd have to spend more money on a new tank. ;)
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote