Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #1 
jkastner19

How long will bubblenest behavior last?

In a tank with no females, 3 male dwarf fire gourami.
jkastner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #2 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Re: How long will bubblenest behavior last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkastner19
In a tank with no females, 3 male dwarf fire gourami.
They will simply continue building it.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #3 
nvmyluv420

my questions really for u and unfortunatley im no help to your problem. do you have a filtration system in your tank? and if so how do they keep making the nest? i want me betta to do it but he just wont and i thought it was due to my filters.
nvmyluv420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #4 
jkastner19

I have a cannister filter so it has an intake in the bottom back corner and the return spray bar put a flow up over the surface and it continues to the other side and down the tank wall...

So, I do have a few plants that have tops floating up to surface and one of my guys uses that plant (the flow just doesn't dislodge it too badly, although I do when I am moving stuff around and poor guy has to start over.)

The 2nd guy puts his up behind where the spray bar (horizontal) comes up over the tank corner. So there isn't a lot of flow there, he bit off some leaves and stuff and stuck them up there and puts his bubbles.

My 3rd smaller guy is SOL. He tries to investigate the other nests and gets chased off and he tries to put his up on the top near front of tank and the water flow just completely melts his bubbles almost right away, but he keeps chugging along since there are no other good spots for nests (plants, or low flow areas).

So for you betta, not that I am an expert but maybe get a plant or two that grow big enough to surface that can let the bubbles stick to it?
jkastner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #5 
nvmyluv420

thanx so much for the input. i do have an onion plant that is starting to take over the surface of the tank but unfortunatley i placed almost directly in the current! lol its not too much of a big deal i was just trying to get some food for thought if u know what i mean. well good luck with those guys do you plan on getting a femal or two involved with this building or just letting them do there jobs?
nvmyluv420 is offline   Reply With Quote