Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #31 
Comet1993

Uh-oh. o.o I've heard bad things about pond snails.. We have a pond nearby, but I'm assuming it would be a reallyyy bad idea to set them free there. Lol. They're so cute.. Maybe I'll give them to my little sister as pets; she's been wanting a hermit crab...
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #32 
Sakura8

Haha, you can give them to your sister and say it's the gift that keeps on giving because those two pond snails will multiply like crazy. :) She'll have 40 before she knows it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #33 
Comet1993

Lol. She's seven; she'd probably enjoy them. =] I would, too, but I can't really keep them in my aquarium and let them take over. Lol. Cute snails, though. The little girl flared at me. =] With her little gills and no beard, and it was sooo precious!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #34 
Sakura8

Aren't girls so cute flaring? Someday when you have the space, you should definitely have a sorority. Nothing is more fun than watching the girls interact.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #35 
Comet1993

They are! She has so much personality. I can't wait for Turbo to get better! Once he's all healed up, I can put them in the ten-gallon and divide it. :D Sooo excited!!! I know she'll just love all of the extra space. She has the oddest way of sleeping.. I thought she was dead, at first. xD She puts her head in this plant and puts her little butt up in the air. LOL. Then, you get worried, so you wake her up, and she flares and glares at you. Adorable.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #36 
Sakura8

Everyone always says females have no color and are boring but I find them to be almost more interesting than the males. She sound so adorable sleeping!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #37 
Comet1993

She is so precious. =] She comes up and flares at me. And she looks so little because of her shorter fins! She's like a baby. Lol. I can't wait to get her into the ten-gallon!! I'm having some issues, though. I had to take out the live plants from Turbo's tank to do the treatment with aquarium salt, so I put in two of the artificial plants, the two safest ones. And I could see a little new growth on some of his fins, so I was getting all excited. :) Then, he ripped them again. -_- I'm seriously considering putting him in the two-gallon and her in the ten-gallon for a while.. But, since he's been in there, I don't know how much of the water I'd have to change to ensure that she doesn't get fin rot. That makes me reallyyy nervous. Her fins are so little compared to his; fin rot must travel faster on females. She's very active and vibrant; I'd hate for her to get sick. =[
Old 12-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #38 
Sakura8

If you can, probably change close to 75-90%. Just make sure your filter stays wet (take it out and put it in a bucket if you have to). As long as your girl doesn't have any open wounds or tears, she shouldn't be in any danger of getting fin rot even if there is some bacteria left in the water.

Girls are so much fun, aren't they?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #39 
Comet1993

Yes, they are. =] I just finished one of the most dramatic water changes I've ever done.. -_- By that, I mean poor Turbo is a drama king and didn't like my plan.. Lol. I went to Walmart earlier to get a treatment tank for him, and the most appropriate size I could find was probably close to .8 gallons.. So, I decided I'd kind of float it in the tank so that the surrounding tank water would keep it warm, and he'd stay in there to make it easier to treat his fin rot. =] Sounded like a good plan. I was happy with it. He wasn't.. Soooo... Back to the ten-gallon he went, but the .8-ish-gallon on its side is making a very nice cave for him. Lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #40 
Sakura8

XD That's a betta for you. If it's easy, convenient, and makes sense, a betta will immediately show his disapproval for it. But at least you were able to find a use for the .8g tank.